OFF. CC 3rd ANNUAL SUPERBOWL/VALENTINE B2B 2/2 & 2/8 2014 ON THE FREEDOM REDUCED DEP.

Cruisingcouple2008 - Amy and Austin -N.Y. #6438 b2b

Suziq333 - Sue and Bruce -Coquitlam,B.C. #6442 b2b

JMWG49 - Jill and Jonathan -Ontario

Ramrax4 - Robin and Robert-Northern CA #6481

My6Dogs - Mike and Ann-

Ernvette - Lenore and Ernie -New Braunfels, TX #7358 2nd

Platinumbob - Rob and Trish - Texas #7434

Jordainaire - Bill and Leila-Georgetown, KY 2nd

Sweetreet - Rita and Jay-San Jose,CA #7356 2nd

Elephantman - Tom and Helen - B.C.

Bunny57 - Kim and Palmer -SanDiego, CA

Uffdafla - Kelly and Dan -Orlando, Fl. B2B

Luckysll - Sandy - Victoria, B.C.

Vitality08 - Shareese- Virginia

tnvoldude - Howard and Cathy- Maryville, TN #7340 b2b

and friends Marj and Pat -Des Moines, IA #7338 b2b

Dandytwister -Tracey and John -Edmonton,Alberta #2324 b2b

theklingfam -Erin, Dennis DD and DS - Shawnee, KS 2nd

IslandtoIsland - Tracey and Marcus - RI, 2nd

Mallory and Larry (NOT ON CC) - VA, 2nd

Sorry didn't sound like they had booked yet :confused:

Edited by Suziq333

John and I are proudly Canadian too and happy to represent!:) (you can never have too many Canadians on a cruise ship!!).

John wants to know about the Superbowl (I do too...but it's waaaay more important to him)....so does anyone know what they do for the Superbowl? We are assuming they will show it on the big screen by the pool....just worried about timing...sail away and such. He's a Raiders fan and I'm a Bears fan...not sure either of us has to worry that our team will be in it (but you never know...we always can dream!!) but we still watch it no matter who is playing.

We're also wondering if any of you who have done back to backs before can tell us a bit about the "turn around" day (the day the first one ends and the second begins)...we're just wondering if we should think about trying to plan to do some sightseeing in port, or just stay aboard...is there a "fast" way to get on and off the ship if we're doing the back to back...or do we have to stand in the long line to get back in?

My6Dogs - Mike and Ann-

Uffdafla - Kelly and Dan -Orlando, Fl. 1st

tnvoldude - Howard and Cathy- Maryville, TN #7340

and friends Marj and Pat -Des Moines, IA #7338

Hi Sue - Rob & Trish are also B2B. Thanks!!!

Sorry didn't sound like they had booked yet :confused:

Some how, i hit the wrong button, the secret got out of the bag. she knows now. , No surprise.

Ft Lauderdale is kind of industrial. Dandy, you may find more on board stuff on turn around day. Someone mentioned that since you have no carry on, get over to the excursion desk for the "Behind the Fun tour" if it is on your bucket list. They have limited space.

Myself, well look for the serenity, the slide, or specialty food area. And of coarse we will be searching for our week two crew to get on board! Requests for bottles from the duty free anyone?

Oh yea, forgot. Interior 7420

Edited by uffdafla
room

John and I are proudly Canadian too and happy to represent!:) (you can never have too many Canadians on a cruise ship!!).

John wants to know about the Superbowl (I do too...but it's waaaay more important to him)....so does anyone know what they do for the Superbowl? We are assuming they will show it on the big screen by the pool....just worried about timing...sail away and such. He's a Raiders fan and I'm a Bears fan...not sure either of us has to worry that our team will be in it (but you never know...we always can dream!!) but we still watch it no matter who is playing.

Last year the main show lounge had the game on also. We were on the Dream, but each ship kinda does their own thing out on deck. I had stuffed myself with mini cheese steak subs when Gary brought a plate of Ribs from the Main dining room. And with a Bucket of beer. Was a great night.

Zabnee, tell Gary a Big Thank You

Edited by uffdafla
Thank You

My6Dogs - Mike and Ann-

Uffdafla - Kelly and Dan -Orlando, Fl. 1st

tnvoldude - Howard and Cathy- Maryville, TN #7340

and friends Marj and Pat -Des Moines, IA #7338

It sure feels good to see our name on this list! WAHOO! Can't wait! Our friends Tom and Cathy Rains are also joining us. Sue... they were on the 2010 cruise that we did together. Are Sharon and Gord booked yet?! I hope we get to see them again! You won't believe your eyes when you see the kids! They have grown up so much since then!

We're also wondering if any of you who have done back to backs before can tell us a bit about the "turn around" day (the day the first one ends and the second begins)...we're just wondering if we should think about trying to plan to do some sightseeing in port, or just stay aboard...is there a "fast" way to get on and off the ship if we're doing the back to back...or

Tdo we have to stand in the long line to get back in?

Tracey - Danno is right....unless you have a pre arranged private tour pick you up FLL is quite industrial and not a port you can walk around in. If we arent on Serenity with our pals, I will be looking into getting off to have brunch/with a friend of mine that lives in Boca. Will have to work on that as the time gets closer.

Danno is correct the show lounge was great for superbowl because we didnt have to worry aboutthe weather getting chilly which is entirely possible and been through it before. we sold superbowl squares at like 5. bucks a square i think and had an awesome time I opened it up to the whole ship when we needed to fill the board and two folks from our group won and two outsiders won..

It sure feels good to see our name on this list! WAHOO! Can't wait! Our friends Tom and Cathy Rains are also joining us. Sue... they were on the 2010 cruise that we did together. Are Sharon and Gord booked yet?! I hope we get to see them again! You won't believe your eyes when you see the kids! They have grown up so much since then!

ERIN WELCOME ABOARD !!!!!!! WE ARE SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY JOIN US AS WELL. :D

Some how, i hit the wrong button, the secret got out of the bag. she knows now. , No surprise.

Ft Lauderdale is kind of industrial. Dandy, you may find more on board stuff on turn around day. Someone mentioned that since you have no carry on, get over to the excursion desk for the "Behind the Fun tour" if it is on your bucket list. They have limited space.

Myself, well look for the serenity, the slide, or specialty food area. And of coarse we will be searching for our week two crew to get on board! Requests for bottles from the duty free anyone?

Oh yea, forgot. Interior 7420

EHHHHEEMMMM Danno I can see this too ;) Yes somehow ????? Hilo juice ??? maybe ???? I am happy I know I was thinking about it all the time how I wanted you and Kel~ to come on both weeks with us. Its sad to me to think we wont see you guys til at least August... Oh yeah did I mention we are flying into MCO then I think and riding down with Mary for the August cruise ? SOOOOO I see dinner on the 16th in our future ??? Whatta ya say ?

So glad you are here...I will add Tom and Cathy next time I update..they are cruisinlarge right ?? Are you guys doing b2b or just one leg??

Sharon and Gord haven't booked as yet, they are going to Hawaii for their 30th anniversary, so she will see when they get back if they can afford it.

I can't wait to see the kids...I bet they are so big now ;)

Dan: I heard about the Hilo juice...and I was keeping it a secret, then Amy goes and changes the list....not much of a secret :D

John says "Thanks" to everyone about the superbowl info...he's so excited about it (although if the Raiders actually make it in I might have to get him to watch it in the room...he gets a little "serious" when they play;)).

Selling the squares idea sounds like fun...always nice to have a little "pool" going to add to the excitement!

Hmmm...maybe staying in Ft. Lauderdale after the cruise isn't such a great idea if it's industrial...going to have to do some investigation if there is some place within driving distance that's fun to go to and do some sight seeing. For us, the price of airfare is the biggest "killer" (would go on way more cruises if we lived closer) so, once there, we try to take advantage and do the most our "holiday time/budget" can stand.

Already looking at "cruise clothes" but it's way too early...this is the earliest we've ever booked a cruise...not sure how to stand the wait...how many weeks now?? Sigh.....

Ok...now I'm thinking that maybe we should rent a car and drive to Miami for a week after the cruise....or maybe pop over to Freeport for a week....anyone have opinions?? Looking for a nice relaxing week...enjoy a beach, some sightseeing...not into the "night life". Trying to figure out which would be most enjoyable and cost efficient...prices in Freeport for accommodation seem good...but wonder about the costs of food and such??? Hmmmm......lovely questions to ponder and dream about.

John says "Thanks" to everyone about the superbowl info...he's so excited about it (although if the Raiders actually make it in I might have to get him to watch it in the room...he gets a little "serious" when they play;)).

Selling the squares idea sounds like fun...always nice to have a little "pool" going to add to the excitement!

Hmmm...maybe staying in Ft. Lauderdale after the cruise isn't such a great idea if it's industrial...going to have to do some investigation if there is some place within driving distance that's fun to go to and do some sight seeing. For us, the price of airfare is the biggest "killer" (would go on way more cruises if we lived closer) so, once there, we try to take advantage and do the most our "holiday time/budget" can stand.

Already looking at "cruise clothes" but it's way too early...this is the earliest we've ever booked a cruise...not sure how to stand the wait...how many weeks now?? Sigh.....

Tracey FT Lauderdale is absolutely beautiful with many wonderful beaches to relax at, its the port itself that is industrial. Freeport ...ehhhh definitely not a favorite place of mine. Almost a stay on the boat type of island to me.

47-1/2 weeks

We will be watching my Broncos in the Super Bowl next year. I hope I will be watch with all of you.

Nononono, Christina! 49ers! Are you going to do B2B? Lenore, Ernie, Jay and I are doing the second week only..sigh...really looking forward to seeing Malihini friends again and hope that includes you two! 🚢

Ok...now I'm thinking that maybe we should rent a car and drive to Miami for a week after the cruise....or maybe pop over to Freeport for a week....anyone have opinions?? Looking for a nice relaxing week...enjoy a beach, some sightseeing...not into the "night life". Trying to figure out which would be most enjoyable and cost efficient...prices in Freeport for accommodation seem good...but wonder about the costs of food and such??? Hmmmm......lovely questions to ponder and dream about.

Hey Tracey...I agree that Ft Lauderdale is beautiful..we have stayed a wek there twice now and LOVED it. Miami is nice and has some great beaches, but it is nightlife central. Although if you are in your room you wouldn't notice. Pricing wise I would think that Ft L would be cheaper than Miami, but depends where you go!!! Lots of stars and famous sites from movies in Miami ;)

So far the Holiday Inn on 17th St Causeway has given me a GROUP rate of 199. per night plus taxes Im still looking for some others that may not be what we are all used to but I again think Im going to head back to the Stirling Road OAKWOOD SHOPPING PLAZA area because there are a variety of hotels and If you want to stay at a Comfort or a Hyatt or a Hilton.. there are choices.

Hey girlfriend dont forget Tracey and Marcus !!!! Tracey hasnt posted on here yet, BUT I know her she is stalking (aren't ya Tracey?) ohhhh and MALLORY AND LARRY too !!!

Now Suzi ...... LOL We have only said good !!! oh yeah and how Gary has his own liquor/wine bottling business TEEE HEEEE ! Dont worry though I did tell Kim you are another Canadian as is Sandy and Jill and Jonathan who are coming on the second week with us . I think Jill and Jonathan are actually near you Kim. Suzi and Sandy however are left coasters !

LOL I am stalking now! Hopefully be booked soon!

LOL I am stalking now! Hopefully be booked soon!

Tracey (IslandtoIsland Tracey since we have two) I gotta tell ya Marcus has met his match when he meets SuziQ... OMG OMG OMG !!!! Thats all I can say they will make for some GREATTTTT elevator shows !:D

oh P.S. If Barb and Judy come we are ....... welll...... we are gonna have to have some D.D.'s some nights I think LOL

Edited by cruisingcouple2008

Tracey (IslandtoIsland Tracey since we have two) I gotta tell ya Marcus has met his match when he meets SuziQ... OMG OMG OMG !!!! Thats all I can say they will make for some GREATTTTT elevator shows !:D

oh P.S. If Barb and Judy come we are ....... welll...... we are gonna have to have some D.D.'s some nights I think LOL

Yes he is a character! I can see it now. LOL

Don't you mean DW.designated walkers..I am hoping that there isn't anyone driving while we are on the ship..that is of course Mon Capitaine'...

I am so hoping that Barb and Judy come, and then my cousin and Sister :eek:...sounds like we will have fun regardless ;) :eek:

What are the elevators like on this ship...

Edited by Suziq333