While on board can you purchase?

sassy~one

A cert for your next cruise, and how does it work? Is there an advantage? Thank you

Most ships you will be able to purchase future cruise certificates. Each one will cost you $100 and is valid for two years. If you do not book a cruise within two years, the certificate is 100% refundable.

The key on these is you can apply one per cabin on the next cruise (booked within 2 years of issued). In return, you will get a on board credit of $50 for cruises less than 6 days, $100 for cruises 6-9 days and $200 for 12 day or longer cruises.

We bought two on our last cruise and have applied on to the our next 7 day cruise ($100 OBC). The second, I might apply to our 5 day cruise in 2013 or if I book another 7 day cruise before April of next year.

I think of it as, I'm letting Carnival hold onto $100 of my money but I'll get 50-100% return on my money when I cruise. (I'm not going to miss $100 for a year or two.) Heck, if they would let me, I'll give them $1000 in return for $500 -$1000 on the next cruise.

There are four ships that do not sell the FCC onboard. IIRC the Imagination, Sensation & Paradise do not. There is one other ship but I cannot remember which one.

A few days ago there was a thread about this very thing.

There are four ships that do not sell the FCC onboard. IIRC the Imagination, Sensation & Paradise do not. There is one other ship but I cannot remember which one.

Is there any way to get one if we're on one of the ships that don't sell them? I was planning on getting one when we cruise in July, but then I saw that it won't be available.

They no longer offer them after the cruise, correct?

how does this work exactly? You give them $100 for a certificate and thats all you ahve to pay?

Thats all you have to pay when you purchase it .. when you book the cruise , that $100 is credit towards your next cruise ... Sooooo if the total is $899.00 , your balance will be $799.00 ... You ALSO recieve an On board credit that varies depending on the length of the cruise .. Under 6 days is $50.00 and over 6-8 is $100 ..

I bought one on my last cruise .. Its sort of a win win because of the OBC.

So if you buy fcc does the booking of a cruise still require deposits or is the fcc used as your deposit and would you need to buy fcc for everyone in your stateroom or does the fcc cover everyone? Thanks in advance. Oh, Last question does the Fascination offer fcc? Thanks:)

As I understood in another thread, you can not use the fcc for your deposit.

So you have to pay full deposit, but the $100 will be deducted from your final payment.

I also understood that you can buy the fcc after you returned home, by contacting Carnival. Though you have to do that within certain time (I thought couple of weeks or so).

You can only use 1 fcc per stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Phooey, we sail on the Paradise and Sensation and I was going to purchase one to use for the Breeze. Bummer. I missed the other thread, why do they not offer on these ships?

Happy Sailing,

Retraction: I just read on the posted Paradise Funtimes, they DO sell the certificates on the last sea day in the Queen Mary Lounge, presentation for Future Carnival Vacations. Yeah!:) Next stop, the BREEZE!

Happy Sailing,

I used one on a deposit last week. But your PVP must delay your deposit timeout date for several days to give the FCC time to activate and apply to your booking deposit. Otherwise your booking will void for not being a full deposit payment.

retraction: I just read on the posted paradise funtimes, they do sell the certificates on the last sea day in the queen mary lounge, presentation for future carnival vacations. Yeah!:) next stop, the breeze!

happy sailing,

Yay! I want to do a 7 day cruise next time, so I was bummed when I thought I wouldn't be able to get a FCC. You've made me very happy with your post. :D

Archived