Cruise Rewards and future OBC

Shelli

I bought a Cruise Rewards certificate on my last cruise. Yesterday I booked our next NCL cruise. It was during the promotion that included an OBC (although a very small one!).

I've been dealing with my TA via e-mail, and this morning she forwarded me the confirmation from NCL, which contains no OBC mention. She told me in the email that they told her I can't get OBC because I got the $100 OBC deal when I bought the Cruise Rewards.

Seems to me one thing has nothing at all to do with the other! Does anyone know anything about this sort of thing?

Yes, one thing has nothing to do with the other. You received a $100 OBC on your original cruise when you purchased the FCR. You're entitled to any OBC for which you're eligible on the cruise you're booking using the FCR as your deposit.

Was the OBC a Latitudes promo?

If so, check that your NCL confirmation is showing your original Latitudes number, if it does not, then provide it to your TA and ask for it to be forwarded to NCL, making a request for the Latitudes OBC to be applied.

Worked for us, in fact we received a second OBC (small $) when the info was corrected :)

Not sure which promo code it is but we have LATOBC1 and PGOBCRD and EASYFARE.

Was the OBC a Latitudes promo?

If so, check that your NCL confirmation is showing your original Latitudes number, if it does not, then provide it to your TA and ask for it to be forwarded to NCL, making a request for the Latitudes OBC to be applied.

Worked for us, in fact we received a second OBC (small $) when the info was corrected :)

Not sure which promo code it is but we have LATOBC1 and PGOBCRD and EASYFARE.

She (TA) is going to call again and see what the heck they were talking about. She's an old friend, and she actually booked this for me while onboard RCCL's Oasis of the Seas! That's what I call going above and beyond! :)

I checked my confirmation-- it's the right Latitudes number (which had my Future Cruise credit attached), and it used EASYFARE + AARP1 (10% off!).

I just went thru this and it has to do with your AARP credit. You can take one or the other but not both-so depending on which one is the highest, that's the one you should take. If you go to the info online about the credits, it states somewhere that it cannot be used with any other credits. It has nothing to do with the cruise reward that you purchased. Depending on the cabin you have and the $$ amounts it might be better in some cases to actually not use AARP and take the other one. Hope this helps.

Archived