Steak choice in Pinnacle Grill

DAllenTCY

How long is the flaming show? I can't imagine it draws a crowd of onlookers as so many people seem to order that dish. Aren't people used to seeing short tableside prep by this time since it's done in so many restaurants and pay no nevermind to it?Not sure I understand the problem.

On my last cruise (Celebrity Equinox), DW and I both had flaming tableside entres. OK, I more or less ignore that. But, my dessert was prepared tableside and took a good 5 minutes. By the time it was ready, it was a sopping mess. If they had just put it together in the kitchen without the flames, it might have been good.

Again, it you like it, no problem here. I just prefer to have the option to say no.

On my last cruise (Celebrity Equinox), DW and I both had flaming tableside entres. OK, I more or less ignore that. But, my dessert was prepared tableside and took a good 5 minutes. By the time it was ready, it was a sopping mess. If they had just put it together in the kitchen without the flames, it might have been good.

Again, it you like it, no problem here. I just prefer to have the option to say no.

Thanks. I don't care a whole lot either way, but don't think I would deny myself an entree I'm sure I would enjoy to avoid a short tableside prep. Nor would I order something just because it was flamed at the table.

Here's a shot of one of the flaming kabobs at a fellow passengers table, and a shot of my Porterhouse steak with the vegetable tower to the North and sauteed mushrooms to the West. All delicious.

Good grief - that's half a cow. DH would be in 7th Heaven.

How long is the flaming show? I can't imagine it draws a crowd of onlookers as so many people seem to order that dish. Aren't people used to seeing short tableside prep by this time since it's done in so many restaurants and pay no nevermind to it?Not sure I understand the problem.

If I remember right, they bring the kabob out to your table on a serving cart (the kabob is already fully cooked), remove the dome covering, and pour cognac over the kabob. They then light it and it flames out within 10 to 20 seconds. I think it's kind of neat and doesn't bother me at all if it is my choice of dinner. I like the table-side presentation dishes.

The kebobs are an entre? So, for example, I couldn't order both lamb chops and the lamb kebob at the same meal (for one price)? Not that I'd necessarily do that...but I love lamb, rarely make it at home, and always try to eat it when it's available "outside"! :o

The kebobs are an entre? So, for example, I couldn't order both lamb chops and the lamb kebob at the same meal (for one price)? Not that I'd necessarily do that...but I love lamb, rarely make it at home, and always try to eat it when it's available "outside"! :o

The lamb chops and the lamb kabobs are 2 entrees and you will get charged extra for the extra entry.

If you order the lamb kebobs, make sure to tell them to choose lean ones. We had them once and they were very tough. The chops on the other hand were perfect. Either way you will get plenty of food so no need to order both.

Remember with all the food available you don't want to board the ship as a passenger, and leave as cargo!:D

Ribeye, ribeye, ribeye!! Theirs is GREAT and if you're only going once, don't mess around, but go for the BEST! Flavor that'll make you groan with pleasure, so tender and juicy -- just perfect! Porterhouse would be my second choice if you decide to come back for another try.

For actual taste, IMO ribeye has the best taste due to its amount of fat. I'm sure some with fret over that, but how many are you going to eat? Honestly I think that most other cuts pale in comparison for actual taste.

YMMV

Derek

Archived