Caffine free diet soft drinks on Marina

JAKUEHNLE

Does Marina have caffine free diet anything.:confused: Sprite Zero (diet sprite); caffine free Diet Coke

Pepis: Diet Siera Mist, caffine free Diet Pepsi (although that's the last choice)

Diet Rite (most of their stuff is caffine free) (Tangerine preferred)

Diet 7-up

If I remember correctly I drank both diet sprite and diet canadian dry ginger ale (also caffeine free) on Marina

Our cabin steward and butler seemed to find what we asked for on-board.

I always drink sugar and caffeine free soda.

If I remember correctly I drank both diet sprite and diet canadian dry ginger ale (also caffeine free) on Marina

Our cabin steward and butler seemed to find what we asked for on-board.

I always drink sugar and caffeine free soda.

Thanks for the info on the diet canadian dry ginger ale. I'll be looking for it on the next cruise.

Thanks for the info on the diet canadian dry ginger ale. I'll be looking for it on the next cruise.

asked my T/A to have my fridge in my cabin stocked with diet free/caffine coke as well as diet free tonic water...and it is there when I arrive..LuAnn

asked my T/A to have my fridge in my cabin stocked with diet free/caffine coke as well as diet free tonic water...and it is there when I arrive..LuAnn

You can get caffeine-free diet coke??? That's my drink of choice, except for a shot of the caffeinated diet coke in the morning.

I drink caffeine free diet colas at home, but have never tried on the ship. You can probably arrange caffeine-free for your stateroom, as Luann said, but it will generally not be available in the rest of the ship, such as at meals and in bars or at the showroom lounge. I drink more than my share of Diet whatever (prefer Diet Pepsi, can handle Diet Coke, and often drink Diet Sam's Cola when I'm feeling thrifty), so I just accept the loack of caffieine-free throughout the ship. The products that are available everywhere are Coke products. I've heard I can get Diet Pepsi for the fridge in the cabin, but once I get my tongue around the Diet Coke, I'd just as soon stick with it.

Probably only other Cola addicts will understand this conversarion :rolleyes:.

Probably only other Cola addicts will understand this conversarion :rolleyes:.

:D:D

yep - count me one. Do not care for diet pepsi! I can even taste the difference between caffeine diet coke, and caffeine-free. And don't get me started on Coke Zero.

But - I had to drastically cut back on my diet coke with caffeine - it was the cause of my morning migraines from overnight caffeine withdrawal. :eek:

I should, and try to, drink water when I can. But I still crave that diet coke taste, especially with certain foods, or as a refresher. So getting some caffeine free is definitely something I'll look into. Thanks!

you will have a problem getting them in your room...I've done it twice...if you want a mixed drink with a Coke...you could probably take the Coke to the bar and ask them to mix it with rum or whatever!! And I bet you could take it from your room to dinner as well!! Go for it!! I don't think anyone on the O staff will say no!!...they are that great!! LuAnn

I would like caffeine free and sugar free! Can't find it in europe, only in the states.

It's getting harder in the states. I travel a lot for work and try to hit a grocery store to get my week's supply. Getting harder to find, especially in convenience stores. Coke Zero seems to have supplanted caffeine-free diet coke's shelf space. I make it a point to ask, for what little good that probably does.

On the plus side, many of the vending machines in Atlanta's airport now carry it!

My husband is a diet caffeine free coke addict. I sent an email to the TA yesterday requesting it in our cabin frig. Felt a bit silly doing it but he immediately got back to me. No problem. It will be in our cabin.

Good idea to just take a can to lunch or dinner if it is not readily available throughout the ship.

My husband is a diet caffeine free coke addict. I sent an email to the TA yesterday requesting it in our cabin frig. Felt a bit silly doing it but he immediately got back to me. No problem. It will be in our cabin.

Huh. My TA replied to my similar email that she 'will give [me] a number to call directly' at some point in the future (we're not cruising until December). :(

Nice to know that it works, though, thanks!!!

Huh. My TA replied to my similar email that she 'will give [me] a number to call directly' at some point in the future (we're not cruising until December). :(

as usually when you are booked with a TA they need to deal with O directly...oh well...I'm sure you can have it ..one way or the other!! Enjoy!!! LuAnn

In February we did B2B on Marina and our TA called ahead and we had Caffeine free diet coke in our cabin. I took it with me whenever I wanted it for lunch etc and it was replaced in the cabin with no problem. I have done the same with bottled water that has a high sodium count, as some bottled water has a lot of sodium in it.

In February we did B2B on Marina and our TA called ahead and we had Caffeine free diet coke in our cabin. I took it with me whenever I wanted it for lunch etc and it was replaced in the cabin with no problem. I have done the same with bottled water that has a high sodium count, as some bottled water has a lot of sodium in it.

I bet if you asked the waiter he would get you either one for your meal ;)

no need to carry it from the cabin

Unfortuanetly I asked waiters on several occasions and they didn't stock caffeine free. Not sure why, but they just seem not to. Out of fairness, I didn't ask at dinner because I don't drink it then, just at lunch, but my guess is it's not an item a lot of people want. Plus I think that soft drinks at the dining facilitites and bars may come out of machines and not cans and that might be a reason. At any rate, as long as they provide it in the cabin I have no problem grabbing one for lunch. Water - they are happy to bring whatever one wants. Thanks for suggestion, though.

. Plus I think that soft drinks at the dining facilitites and bars may come out of machines and not cans and that might be a reason. At any rate, as long as they provide it in the cabin I have no problem grabbing one for lunch. Water - they are happy to bring whatever one wants. Thanks for suggestion, though.

On Marina they gave us cans at the area next to Waves they also had cans at Martinis

I do not drink diet stuff so did not ask for it in either venue

On Marina they gave us cans at the area next to Waves they also had cans at Martinis

I do not drink diet stuff so did not ask for it in either venue

Must just be the caffeine free stuff that they don't have.

I requested diet sprite (or any white caffeine free) from the cabin staff. They said they would check to see that usually they are provided as a special request. About 1/2 dozen cans arrived 5 minutes later. I took it from the cabin steward that the appropriate plan would be to request it before you get on board.

that they don't carry these products in the regular dining venues...diet coke...yes...but not the caffeine one...just bring your own...no big deal!!! LuAnn

that they don't carry these products in the regular dining venues...diet coke...yes...but not the caffeine one...just bring your own...no big deal!!! LuAnn

I do not drink the stuff ..it is bad for your health but I bet if they carry it in the bars one of the waiters would go & get some for you if asked

They must have it on the ship somewhere if you can get it in your cabin..wouldn't you think:confused:

people should not have to go back to their cabin & carry the soda to any dining venue ..JMO

Hi LuAnn :), liked the advice about pre ordering I will try that next time we're on the Marina in January! I managed to get the room steward to bring me some diet/caffeine free canada dry ginger ale, on the trip we did in March with you...however, I also had a problem getting this in the dining rooms or bars on the ship. At the Martini bar, I requested it several nights running, each time hoping that they'd have it there when it had been previously requested but the answer was always no....:confused:

I ordered caffeine free/sugar free for our next cruise in June (Lisbon to Rome). Last time I asked for this on an european venue, I was told that it was unavailable in europe and can only be supplied in the states. We'll see what happens this time.

I do not drink the stuff ..it is bad for your health but I bet if they carry it in the bars one of the waiters would go & get some for you if asked

They must have it on the ship somewhere if you can get it in your cabin..wouldn't you think:confused:

people should not have to go back to their cabin & carry the soda to any dining venue ..JMO

for those of us who drink "the stuff"...it has been our experience, when on board, that you can't get it in the dining venues or the bars...I would guess they may have on board a limited amount based on the pre sailing requests. Those cans may not be that quickly available to a staff person in a bar or restaurant...

So...right now...if you want it...pre order it and bring it with you to venues outside your cabin....it is what it is!! ...as I said ...please understand this is based on OUR experiences...not yours...as you don't drink "the stuff"! :rolleyes: LuAnn

Archived