2 Future Cruise Deposits?

SEFlyer

Can anyone advise if it is permitted to make 2 future cruise deposits while on board one cruise?

We are taking a cruise later this year so we will make one $300 deposit while on board. But in 2013 we are looking at 2 transatlantic crossings with 9 days in Europe/UK between them. Can we make 2 future cruise deposits to secure OBCs for both crossings?

Can anyone advise if it is permitted to make 2 future cruise deposits while on board one cruise?

We are taking a cruise later this year so we will make one $300 deposit while on board. But in 2013 we are looking at 2 transatlantic crossings with 9 days in Europe/UK between them. Can we make 2 future cruise deposits to secure OBCs for both crossings?

Yes I have done that in the past. They were pleased to take my payments and they let my TA know.

M-AR

Thank you for the answers. That's great news. If we are fairly certain we will do the TAs we will make 4 deposits for the 2 of us. And on the autumn cruise we will be enjoying $300 OBC each as a result of the deposits we made in January.

I purchased three. Used one, still have 2 in the bank!

Hi SEFlyer.Why buy two future cruise credits for two passenges at one time? Why not buy just one individual FCC for each individaul passenger per voyage? Or perhaps I misunderstanding your question. I don't understand the advantage of purchasing multipe cruise credits since only one can be used per voyage, and if you expect to be on the ship again, why not wait to purchase another FCC until you are on-board, and already use the last purchased FCC. (Forgive me, but I don't understand. Thanks for any insight -S.)

Edit to add: My understand is that any passenger can purchase and pay for any number of future cruise credits while on board. Note the terms and conditions of those transactions, which vary by country of passenger's booking.

The Cunard website FAQs say they only last for one year. I thought they were valid for longer than that.

How long does an FCD (Future Cruise Deposit)last for?

An FCD is valid for 1 year. If the FCD is not used within 1 year the money paid is lost.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/holding_ref

I think that it depends where you book, the 1 year may apply to UK bookings but I think US/Canadian bookings get 4 years. Don't know about OZ.

Hi SEFlyer.Why buy two future cruise credits for two passenges at one time? Why not buy just one individual FCC for each individaul passenger per voyage? Or perhaps I misunderstanding your question. I don't understand the advantage of purchasing multipe cruise credits since only one can be used per voyage, and if you expect to be on the ship again, why not wait to purchase another FCC until you are on-board, and already use the last purchased FCC. (Forgive me, but I don't understand. Thanks for any insight -S.)

Edit to add: My understand is that any passenger can purchase and pay for any number of future cruise credits while on board. Note the terms and conditions of those transactions, which vary by country of passenger's booking.

Salacia, I am considering buying two at one time because I am considering 2 separate voyages close to each other in dates. Specifically I am considering a TA from New York on Sept 22, 2013, and a TA from Southampton on Oct 8, 2013. Purchasing a FCC on Sept 22 for a voyage that begins two and half weeks later is leaving it a bit late.

We have a QE cruise coming up this fall so I have until then to decide if we are really likely to do the 2 TAs in 2013 and, if we are fairly sure we'll take them, then I will cough up the $1200 on board. With a likely return of $800 in OBCs on 2 voyages for the 2 of us it's a good deal.

The Cunard website FAQs say they only last for one year. I thought they were valid for longer than that.

How long does an FCD (Future Cruise Deposit)last for?

An FCD is valid for 1 year. If the FCD is not used within 1 year the money paid is lost.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/holding_ref

I have bought them twice in the past and was clearly told they were valid for 4 years and I could ask for my money back anytime up to 4 years. I presume that's the rule for North America.

Does anyone know the limitations on which fares the FCD can be used against ? I have heard of people who couldn't use their FCD against discounted fares.

Thanks

William

When paying an FCD on-board what entitlements are you buying? Is it only for OBC? What happens if you go on another Cunard voyage in between purchasing an FCD and that FCD becoming operative on a later voyage and you find out they have increased subsequently, the amount of the OBC?

Simply put, how does the system work, please?

Salacia, I am considering buying two at one time because I am considering 2 separate voyages close to each other in dates. Specifically I am considering a TA from New York on Sept 22, 2013, and a TA from Southampton on Oct 8, 2013. Purchasing a FCC on Sept 22 for a voyage that begins two and half weeks later is leaving it a bit late.

We have a QE cruise coming up this fall so I have until then to decide if we are really likely to do the 2 TAs in 2013 and, if we are fairly sure we'll take them, then I will cough up the $1200 on board. With a likely return of $800 in OBCs on 2 voyages for the 2 of us it's a good deal.

HI SEFlyer, oh thanks, I understand your dilemma now...and since the $1200 is refundable if you book in the US, I guess you really having nothing to lose by buying the 4 FCC's at one time, even if you aren't 100% certain about when you'll use them. :) Regards, -S

When paying an FCD on-board what entitlements are you buying? Is it only for OBC? What happens if you go on another Cunard voyage in between purchasing an FCD and that FCD becoming operative on a later voyage and you find out they have increased subsequently, the amount of the OBC?

Simply put, how does the system work, please?

Basically you are securing the OBC. It is up to you whether you use it on the next trip or on another later on. It seems to be a better deal for US/Canadian passengers. If you subsequently get offered a deal with better OBC you can save the FCC and use it later but before it expires.

Archived