223 Summit Pictures

Razl

Your pictures were great Thank you! I noticed many of the pictures seemed as though no passengers were on board and there was always plenty of available seating. I assume you took many during port days? We are sailing July 29th! Cant wait.:D

Not at all. About half were taken on the first day, and they were taken during the afternoon when people were wandering all over the place. I was wondering if there was anyone on the ship besides us! :eek: The only time we ever saw a full room was the two Elite parties we attended. Plus the Sunset Bar just about anytime we visited. :cool: They need to have 4 chairs to each table instead of just two. There would be tables but no place to sit. Hope you find it just as non-crowded as we did.

• 2 months later...

Seems I have people looking for these pictures and the thread has moved back far enough that folks aren't finding it. Hopefully this will help get back closer to the front again.

We had a regular (but handicap) balcony cabin so we never ate in Blu. But here is what I was told by others. Only Aqua Suite cabins get to eat in Blu. No other people can. The menu in Blu is exactly the same as the MDR but might be served on different evenings. The offerings in the specialty restauants is no better than the food in the MDR especially for the $80 up charge for 2 people. The food in the MDR is very good but there are some things which are better than others. And a few are over the top!!! Qzine is great fun but the food is more like tapas than an actual dinner. But whatever you decide you will have a fun time. Enjoy!!

I have looked at your pics no less than 5 times in anticipation of our upcoming cruise!

Just to clarify - the menu in Blu is not the same as the MDR. I believe the process for Suite guests dining in Blu - it's dependent on availability and from what I understand, there is a small fee.

So looking forward to the Summit - thanks so much for taking the time to photograph and post pics of the ship!

I have looked at your pics no less than 5 times in anticipation of our upcoming cruise!

Just to clarify - the menu in Blu is not the same as the MDR. I believe the process for Suite guests dining in Blu - it's dependent on availability and from what I understand, there is a small fee.

So looking forward to the Summit - thanks so much for taking the time to photograph and post pics of the ship!

Since we did not eat in Blu, nor did we see any of their menus, I am just going by things that were said on the threads. One person said that food was about the same but small portions. Was only repeating what I had been reading and some things we overheard being said on our cruise. I didn't know about the Suite guests and Blu but I'm not surprised. They should be able to enjoy Blu if they would like. I just knew that the rest of us were not able to buy our way in. ;)

I am so glad that you enjoy the pictures. It is a great ship and the staff is ourstanding. We want to go back on her next spring.

You both are quite welcome and I am glad they are helping you get excited for your cruise. We will be on the Infinity in November and I'll be doing it again. :D It is my pleasure and part of the fun of cruising for me to do this for all of you.

These pictures are great! Thanks so much. Making a note to myself to eat light at dinner the night before the grand buffet.

Make sure you check out the Celebrity Today activity sheet for the At Sea days. They will not make a big to-do about it happening. It will just be listed on the Culinary Delights (dining hours section) as Brunch and with the times lists. If you miss this one notification then you will probably miss it completely, unless you just happen to wander that direction while it is happening. It was 10 till 1 so there's plenty of time to enjoy -- and it was GREAT!!

Ruthie

• 2 weeks later...

In reply to the earlier question on the Blu menu and suite guests... We just returned from the 7/29 Bermuda cruise on Summit Aqua class. We ate in Blu every night we were docked and thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. I looked at the Blu menu and the MDR menu a couple of nights just to see if there were similar offerings. For the most part they were not the same. You might see one or two things that were the same. You could only order 4 items off the MDR menu. They were Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, French onion soup and escargot.

I had overheard a few suite passengers asking to dine there and were told many nights that Aqua class sat first and if there was room they could come in. I thought that was odd because there was no early or late seating in Blu. You just met Nicolas at the podium, asked your toom # and sat your party. So if a suite guest asked to dine and there was an open table, how did they know if a few minutes later a aqua guest would arrive and then not have a table ?? Never understood that logic - but it didn't affect us so I didn't pay much attention to the outcome. :)

I have posted a member review with a few more highlights of our cruise if you'd like to read it.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise on the Summit!! Enjoy!

Laurie

We were on the Summit last month and before we left there were many people wanting to see what the ship looked like after the re-furbish. It is quite lovely and I took 223 pictures from around the ship. Some are of the artwork, some of the grand buffet, but most are just of the ship. There are no pictures of the islands we visited, or of the shows, or of anything else. Just the various things, officers, and areas of the ship.

Enjoy: http://travel.webshots.com/album/582795168AHjWuH

Any questions, I will be happy to answer. I am also working on a review but it is going to be VERY LONG.

Was your CD Alejandro? One of the pics looked like him, he was on the Equinox last October 2011. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2363207330043779734NpHIHC

In reply to the earlier question on the Blu menu and suite guests... We just returned from the 7/29 Bermuda cruise on Summit Aqua class. We ate in Blu every night we were docked and thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. I looked at the Blu menu and the MDR menu a couple of nights just to see if there were similar offerings. For the most part they were not the same. You might see one or two things that were the same. You could only order 4 items off the MDR menu. They were Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, French onion soup and escargot.

I had overheard a few suite passengers asking to dine there and were told many nights that Aqua class sat first and if there was room they could come in. I thought that was odd because there was no early or late seating in Blu. You just met Nicolas at the podium, asked your toom # and sat your party. So if a suite guest asked to dine and there was an open table, how did they know if a few minutes later a aqua guest would arrive and then not have a table ?? Never understood that logic - but it didn't affect us so I didn't pay much attention to the outcome. :)

I have posted a member review with a few more highlights of our cruise if you'd like to read it.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise on the Summit!! Enjoy!

Laurie

Laurie,

Were there only 4 items available in Blu from the MDR? I read that because they share a kitchen it is much easier to order from the MDR menu on the M class ships. I ask, not for myself, but I am concerned about DH liking the Blu menu.

Diane

Was your CD Alejandro? One of the pics looked like him, he was on the Equinox last October 2011. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2363207330043779734NpHIHC

Yeap, Alejandro was our CD...... I don't know if he was filling in for someone or if the Summit is his new ship. He didn't say but I know he had been there for a while because he was mentioned in reviews for several months.

Ruthie, I liked all your photos! Where was the gas turbine engine? My husband is an engineer and he'd get a kick out of seeing that one.

Deirdre

The engine was down by the gangway. My DH is also an engineer and he and the Chief Engineer would get into these long conversations. The cost of the engine is a Mill and they can change it out in 8 hours. I guess all of the ships have a spare engine on them, just in case. That has to make you feel safer.

Laurie,

Were there only 4 items available in Blu from the MDR? I read that because they share a kitchen it is much easier to order from the MDR menu on the M class ships. I ask, not for myself, but I am concerned about DH liking the Blu menu.

Diane

Yes. I specifically asked the first night because my DH doesn't like real fancy food - he enjoys good food, just not too fancy. Nicholas was very clear that only 4 options were available frOm the MDR. However both of us thoroughly enjoyed the food and great service. It really isn't that different from MDR food on most ships.

I haven't been here for a few days to check for questions. Had some foot surgery last week and wasn't thinking much about what was on the computer. LOL But I am back and if you have anything you would like to ask concerning the Summit, I will be happy to reply.

Ruthie

You rock! Thank you for posting.

Love your avator. Cat's do the silliest things. My big boy (17 lbs of muscle, not fat) decided to sit on my lap the other day. Only problem my computer was there first and he was liking it. Didn't want to move. LOL

We were on the Summit last month and before we left there were many people wanting to see what the ship looked like after the re-furbish. It is quite lovely and I took 223 pictures from around the ship. Some are of the artwork, some of the grand buffet, but most are just of the ship. There are no pictures of the islands we visited, or of the shows, or of anything else. Just the various things, officers, and areas of the ship.

Enjoy: http://travel.webshots.com/album/582795168AHjWuH

Any questions, I will be happy to answer. I am also working on a review but it is going to be VERY LONG.

My workplace is unfortunately blocking the weblink, but I'm posting this to remind myself to look when I get home! :)

And perhaps I missed it, but what was your cabin number??

My workplace is unfortunately blocking the weblink, but I'm posting this to remind myself to look when I get home! :)

And perhaps I missed it, but what was your cabin number??

We were in 6103. DH had a scooter so we went with the HC cabin. Great location. Just two down from the elevators and right by the iLounge. Our t-day cruise on the Infinty this Nov, we will be in an Concierge. No scooter needed this time.

Archived