Transfers

Babie

I have a friend on the Diamond Princess August 19th 2006 Vancouver - Whittier.

Princess' offers transfers for $18pp in Vancouver and $55pp for Whittier to Anchorage.

Should she use Princess transfers or do any of you have suggestions for other companies? I'm more interested in the Whittier transfers since Vancouver could probably be done cheaper by cab.

Thanx

If she is on her own, I recommend using the Princess transfer. I am normally against doing anything thru the cruise line, but as long as they take care of the baggage from state room to airport, I'm just fine with it. I hate schlepping bags!

I should have mentioned that her husband will be travelling with her. :D

I almost think that at $55pp it'd be cheaper for them to rent a car at the end of their cruise and drive themselves to Anchorage.

I should have mentioned that her husband will be travelling with her. :D

I almost think that at $55pp it'd be cheaper for them to rent a car at the end of their cruise and drive themselves to Anchorage.

A car is a better option- but it will run more than the transfer as there is a $125 drop fee. Are they touring interior at all?? If not, then this would definately be my recommendation, at least they can see something before they leave. As for Vancouver, take a cab- at least $30+++ca but no waiting for buses or loading and unloading. Use a credit card for best exchange, most all cabs take them, but verify before getting in .

If they're flying in the day of the cruise, the Princess transfer will get them to the ship without waiting for Canadian customs, so it would be worth it for me. If they're driving in or flying in a day early, it won't.

Archived