Texaribbean: Tell me the good, bad and ugly

postalgrrl

Had a wonderful cruise. It was our 14th and we have seen it all. Small ship, small cabins, but had a wonderful time. It is all in your attitude. If you expect a Crystal Cruise experience you will be disappointed.

We had a promenade deck room. No one can see in except at night when your lights are on. We enjoyed the deck because we could just step outside, which you cannot do on most decks.

Hints:

You flush the toilet by pulling a button behind the toilet seat.

You can take your own private tour to most any destination for much less.

All but Belize. You may be able to do it there, but we have no experience with it.

You can buy almost any medication in Belize for a fraction of the price here.You can't miss the pharmicia.

Don't miss the Newlywed Game, trivia, etc. Better than most of the shows.

Don't fall for all the drink specials, with souvenier glasses on the pool deck.

Will cost you a fortune.

Don't worry about what to pack. Anything goes.

You can dress up any evening and just go to the Four Season's Restaurant.

Have Cash in Hand when you park your car.

One of our cruise mates has already posted pictures. These are from last week.http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1979

If you have children with you, PLEASE, PLEASE, FORBID THEM TO RUN UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS, THROUGH THE LOUNGES, ETC UNSUPERVISED. THEY CAN AND WILL RUN INTO ELDERLY PEOPLE AND OTHER CHILDREN. SOME PARENTS HAD NO IDEA WHAT A PROBLEM THEIR CHILDREN WERE CAUSING.

Happy crusing.

We just got off the SEA a couple days ago. We have been on several cruises, small, big, old, and brand new ships. I would go on the SEA again in a snap. The ship is older but well kept up, the crew were great, food great also in the dining rooms and bbq. The buffet was good but average. We had 4 people (my self, husband and 2 boys age 17 and 21) in an outside cabin. It worked out great. Lots of storage space and the bunk beds folded up against the walls during the day. Everyone was bigger than me, but there was still plenty of room. Showers were very small but still got the job done. Room service wasn't the best. Itinerary was great. The cruise director "Soozy" was annoying! She talked to much! Everything else was GREAT. Here is a link to a few of my pictures: http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1979

Howdy, my DH and I will be on the Sea for the Oct. 30 sailing. Reading all these tips and reviews has set my mind at ease too. This is our second cruise, 1st was with RCCL. Does the Sea have any kind of Costume contest or Halloween party. Halloween will fall on our first day at sea? Thanks,

Hey Frost! Yep, exact same ports. They are all fun but I was looking forward to Georgetown this year. Then they went and cancelled it! Now, I didn't say we would dress up for a party...LOL ..DH would never ever, but now I do make a pretty cool looking witch! Ought to make DH take his dress whites and dress up like a Navy guy! Won't happen! But the staff were all so great, am sure they will dress up and have a ball. Will enjoy watching them!

Archived