My first Aft Balcony!

DaisyGirl55

Booked my first Aft Balcony on the Freedom....am I doomed to never be happy anywhere else again? :rolleyes:

Seriously, we are on the Empress deck...middle of the aft cabins....and I am looking forward to the view. Hopefully the vibrations won't be too bad. That is my only worry! :o

Booked my first Aft Balcony on the Freedom....am I doomed to never be happy anywhere else again? :rolleyes:

Seriously, we are on the Empress deck...middle of the aft cabins....and I am looking forward to the view. Hopefully the vibrations won't be too bad. That is my only worry! :o

I had a aft cabin in march on the dream there was alot of vibration all of the time. It felt like some kept walking into the bed. The view is wonderful. So is the larger balcony but it can get very hot out there no breeze.

I loved the view from the aft, but hated the heat and lack of breeze on the Triumph. It was ok to stand at the rail, but we never were able to sit and relax out there. Also like the privacy of the dividers on the sides as opposed to the aft, especially if you have annoying neighbors LOL

So while you will love it, you will also find reasons to justify a plain old regular balcony again in the future also. :)

We had ours on the Conquest, loved it. However, you can go back to just a balcony, we are this year. Not like when we got our 1st ever balcony and won't go back to inside (never liked Ocean Views). The Afts are great and we'd do them again at the right price but a regular balcony is still OK.

We really didn't notice any vibration on the Conquest but we kinda enjoy the movement

We just booked our first one on the Dream in December, so it shouldn't be too hot. A little worried about the previous comment about the vibration, but maybe it will be nice, like a "magic fingers" bed?? LOL! So, there are not dividers on the aft balconies? No privacy? Or did I misunderstand?

I loved the view from the aft, but hated the heat and lack of breeze on the Triumph. It was ok to stand at the rail, but we never were able to sit and relax out there. Also like the privacy of the dividers on the sides as opposed to the aft, especially if you have annoying neighbors LOL

So while you will love it, you will also find reasons to justify a plain old regular balcony again in the future also. :)

I am with Lucigo. We had our first Aft on the Freedom in Jan. There was no breeze and we opened the door between ours and our neighbor/friends. It is nice to have the extra room, but no shade, no breeze and lots more movement even more so than vibration. I will save the money and do the regular balcony, so no you are not necessarily doomed. It is a personal preference. Just sayin!

We just booked our first one on the Dream in December, so it shouldn't be too hot. A little worried about the previous comment about the vibration, but maybe it will be nice, like a "magic fingers" bed?? LOL! So, there are not dividers on the aft balconies? No privacy? Or did I misunderstand?

Just off Freedom. There are dividers but at waist level at the railing they angle inward; I think it's to align with the deck above it. If you look for an aft photo, you will see what I mean. So if you are standing at the aft railing and look left or right, you have clear view of neighbors who may be standing at their railings. :D

You are doomed...

We went from an Aft Balcony on the Glory...

2469814550100521907S600x600Q85.jpg

To a Premium Balcony on the Miracle...

2479179100100521907S600x600Q85.jpg

Now when you book a Cruise, you will be sifting through deckplans and making calls to see what's available...

Location, Location, Location !

Archived