Which would you choose?

Looking at a 2013 Carnival Breeze cruise. All of the itineraries look fabulous and we're having trouble choosing. We've been to about a third of the ports offered. So which would you choose?

1. Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba and Curacao

2. Grand Turk, San Juan, St Maarten and St Thomas

3. Grand Turk, San Juan, Tortola and St Thomas

Thank you! I think I may try to sway my DH to #2. We haven't been to the Dominican, Tortola or Aruba, so I wasn't sure if we would be missing a great port by going with 2. But we absolutely LOVE St. Maarten. There is also an itinerary that does Key West (which I love) but does not stop at San Juan (where I haven't been in about 10 years).

Looking at a 2013 Carnival Breeze cruise. All of the itineraries look fabulous and we're having trouble choosing. We've been to about a third of the ports offered. So which would you choose?

1. Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba and Curacao

2. Grand Turk, San Juan, St Maarten and St Thomas

3. Grand Turk, San Juan, Tortola and St Thomas

I know the majority is choosing #2...the only reason I am going with #1 is we have never been to those Islands before. Have been to #2 so many times.

Happy Cruising...:o

I just did itin #1 and haven't been to St. Maarten in ages so I'd go with #2.

Any on a new ship would work for me though!

How did you like the ports in #1? I was set on 2 but after talking to my DH, we are actually looking at 1 because we haven't been to those ports or 2 because we haven't been to Tortolla and I would really like to get back to San Juan. I'm curious if the ports in #1 are worth missing San Juan. Thanks much!

#1 or #2

Grand Turk has some of the most beautiful water we have ever seen, we were just there last week. Aruba is really cool as is Curacao if you do your research on CruiseCritic and find cool things to do. The DR isn't bad either.

My wife and I also love St. Maarten, have been there numerous times and even spent a week there 5 yrs ago. St. Thomas? It's OK but not the be-all, end all. At any rate I find San Juan to be pretty boring. If you've been there once...you probably haven't missed much in the past 10 yrs.

#1 or #2

. At any rate I find San Juan to be pretty boring. If you've been there once...you probably haven't missed much in the past 10 yrs.

I think it depends on your interests. If you want spectacular beaches close by, San Juan probably isn't for you. But if you want a break from the pool and beach routine and are into history and culture, Old San Juan rocks. The forts are amazing. If you are thre during the weekend you can see amazing kite flying (sounds boring, but actually pretty cool to see- just don't get hit in the head by a diving kite). There are terrific art galleries, shops and restaraunts. Don't miss the Parrot Club restaraunt.

I think I would vote for #2.

Archived