Questions....

Jamerican71

I'm sailing on Carnival Destiny in August for a friends' wedding and this is just my second cruise so I have some questions:

~ What is the earliest time you can board the ship?

~ When is a good time to arrive at Miami port?

~ Can I carry my own luggage off after the cruise?

~ I'm cruising with a friend, do we have to check in at the same time?

~ Does Destiny have laundry facilities or can you send your laundry to be cleaned on the day at sea?

Thank you!

I have boarded as early as 11. It really depends on how quickly the past cruise passengers get off. I would say 11 is a good time to arrive, if you get there too much earlier, you may really have a long wait.

Yes, you can do self assisted debarkation and carrying your own luggage off. The last night of the cruise, there will be instructions left in your room.

Most ships have laundry rooms and dry cleaning service. At some point in the cruise, they usually offer a deal to "fill a bag" for X amount. Dry cleaning prices are comparable to land prices.

I'm sailing on Carnival Destiny in August for a friends' wedding and this is just my second cruise so I have some questions:

~ What is the earliest time you can board the ship? - This depends. If the wedding is being held on departure day on the ship the wedding party will be the first ones allowed on board, if it is not that day then you board like everyone else beginning around 11:15, so arrive at the terminal around 10:30. The people in the wedding party and attending the wedding will be told what time to be at the pier to board.

~ When is a good time to arrive at Miami port? -See note above.

~ Can I carry my own luggage off after the cruise? - Yes

~ I'm cruising with a friend, do we have to check in at the same time? - No that is not necessary.

~ Does Destiny have laundry facilities or can you send your laundry to be cleaned on the day at sea? - Yes to both questions.

Thank you!

See notes above.

~ What is the earliest time you can board the ship? Usually about 11;30

~ When is a good time to arrive at Miami port? We usually get there at 10:30

~ Can I carry my own luggage off after the cruise? Yes

~ I'm cruising with a friend, do we have to check in at the same time? No..just make sure both of you have a copy of the boarding pass

~ Does Destiny have laundry facilities or can you send your laundry to be cleaned on the day at sea? Yes

Thank you!

Have a great time...

~ What is the earliest time you can board the ship?

~ When is a good time to arrive at Miami port?

~ Can I carry my own luggage off after the cruise?

~ I'm cruising with a friend, do we have to check in at the same time?

~ Does Destiny have laundry facilities or can you send your laundry to be cleaned on the day at sea?

Thank you!

If the wedding party is having their ceremony on board prior to sailing, then everyone who was invited will be able to board first. If the wedding is occurring at one of the ports, you will be assigned a zone when you check in. The earliest we've ever gotten on board in POM is 11:30am.

I'd arrive at 10:30am, whether or not the wedding is taking place during embarkation.

You can choose to self-debark after the cruise, or you can leave your luggage out the night before.

You can print out individual Fun Passes (your check-in ID) if you think you will not be arriving at the port at the same time, or you can do an all-in-one Fun Pass if you will be riding over together.

There are two laundry rooms per floor on all stateroom levels, with the exception of Panorama and Spa. Cost is $3.00 per load (washer and dryer). You will also be given the opportunity to send out one bag to be washed and folded by Carnival for the price of $15. The last time I checked, someone was able to get four bags worth of clothing in that one bag - not sure how they did it, but they did!

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived