WOW sales questions?

I have never booked a cruise based on a "WOW sale" that RCCL has. How often do they have them? Are they at the same time of the year or do they just pop up every now and then when RCCL feels like it, is it multiple times of the year? And now for the big question because I never really paid attention to these WOW sales, do they in fact make a huge difference and save you money? I always just thought of them as a way to get publicity to sell more cruises instead of real saving, which is why I never really paid attention to them. Thanks for any help, will certainly appreciate it.

Typically, the sales are offered in the Spring and Fall. Last year they ran one late May -- so there might be one coming up, just don't know.

The big draw is you get a reduced deposit (except Suites) and may capture a residency discount. Also, the sales are for new bookings only.

It's a good deal if you are not eligible for any other discounts, such as new to RCI or lower than platinum C&A status or booking inside cabins. (It is not combinable with those other discounts, and usually the other discount is a better deal). It's a way for those people to get OBC when they have no other source for discounts.

It is nice to only have to put down half the usual deposit, especially if booking for a family, so RCI doesn't have so much of your money tied up so far in advance.

Typically, the sales are offered in the Spring and Fall. Last year they ran one late May -- so there might be one coming up, just don't know.

The big draw is you get a reduced deposit (except Suites) and may capture a residency discount. Also, the sales are for new bookings only.

Ok that is what I thought it was, it sounds like not a big deal at all. Was just curious, thank you very much for the help.

Archived