New Class

Anyone know when RCCL is expected to start the build of their new class of ship?

Very little has been revealed about the new ships. They have announced 2 ships, to be delivered in 2014 and 2015. About 4000 passengers, slightly larger than Freedom.

Anyone know when RCCL is expected to start the build of their new class of ship?

Since the first one is due out in Fall of 2015, the steel might start getting cut from 2 years to 1.5 years before that. Around 1.25 - 1 year before the ship is delivered is when they will actually start putting it together. But don't count on me.

Since the first one is due out in Fall of 2015, the steel might start getting cut from 2 years to 1.5 years before that. Around 1.25 - 1 year before the ship is delivered is when they will actually start putting it together. But don't count on me.

I thought the first ship was due in the fall of 2014.

I thought the first ship was due in the fall of 2014.

Yea I know, I made a mistake. I was thinking of the second ship which is due in Spring of 2015 and the first one will be Fall of 2014.

Yes its the fall of 2014. I am too impatient, I want artist renderings!

It's kind of an abstract, but here's mine

SunshineClass.png

On the inaugural sailing autographed limited edition prints will be available for a small fee.

Hey, Park West called a lot of their stuff art.:D

It's kind of an abstract, but here's mine

SunshineClass.png

On the inaugural sailing autographed limited edition prints will be available for a small fee.

Hey, Park West called a lot of their stuff art.:D

But Park West was clueless

Here you go....this is a link from the shipyards website that is going to build the Sunshine class for RCCL.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=2027

It shows the 1st piece of keel being laid for the NCL's first Breakaway CLass ship being laid on May 8, with an expected delivery in Spring of 2013. Hope this helps you with a time frame for keel being laid....

Archived