Can I park at the Black Falcon a day early?

seafarer71

I'll be arriving in Boston on 7/15 the day prior to debarkation (on 7/16). I'll be staying at either the Marriott Copely Place or Westin Boston Waterfront. Can I park at the Black Falcon Terminal parking structure on 7/15? Not only is it cheaper than hotel parking, it would be much more convenient to catch a cab to the terminal on debarkation day. Does anyone know if I can do this?

Also, anyone have any advice on which of the two above hotels would be preferable? We plan to explore the city a little on the 15th. Both hotels are about the same price, so cost is not a factor.

You can park there, but they will probably charge you the full rate for the extra day. $16 is a discounted rate for cruisers.

If you want to ditch your car at Black Falcon parking, it will be a lot easier if you stay at the Westin which is only a few blocks away. Look at a map - the Marriott Copley is in Back Bay. To get there from Black Falcon, you either have to take a cab to Back Bay or take the Silver Line to the Red Line to the Green or Orange Line. IMO if you were staying 2+ nights, then you should consider the Marriott, but for only one night the car logistics aren't worth it.

Thanks 138east, your advice is much appreciated. Is there much to do around the Westin? What about restaurants, etc.? After looking at a map, I'm thinking that either way (whether I park at the terminal a day early, or drive to it the day of), the Westin will be more convenient. I'm just wondering what else there is in the area of the Westin, and how convenient it would be to get to other points of the city from there (via public transportation).

Lots of restaurants around the Waterfront Westin, and you're about a 25 minute walk from Faneuil Hall, and a much shorter walk to South Station and the "Greenway".

Very very much more to do in and around Copley Square, though.

Archived