Help Understanding Upgrades

I am a "Princess" cruiser who is new to RC. We have booked our first cruise and I'm having trouble understanding how RC does upgrades. I booked my reservation on line and have called and tried to get an explanation but still do not understand. I can't find any place to mark "available to upgrade" or "do not upgrade". Does the upgrade fairy just visit or do you only get an upgrade if the price drops and you call in. I realize that upgrades are rare; I just want to know how the process works with RC. By the way, there are no guarantee cabins in my catergory (I have booked fairly early). Can you switch to a guarantee if it becomes available? So confused!

you can make a MY CRUISES account on line...there MIGHT be a place to indicate that you'd accept an upgrade, but it may not be there unless you join Crown & Anchor (which you can after your first cruise....)

Royal doesn't always have GTY categories...you CAN switch later..IF it is before the date of Final Payment (regardless of whether you paid in full ahead...if that makes sense? they go by DATE of Final-for instance, August 15th. If you paid in full now, you'd still be able to swtich...)

does that help? makes sense in my head, but may not make sense to you...:confused::)

Archived