5/27 Star to Bermuda: NY cruise terminal question

LaPrincesa

Good evening all. I am sailing on the Star out of NYC (711 12th avenue) on 5/27. On that same day, Holland America's Veendamn is departing from the same terminal. My question is this: will there be signage that will direct cruisers to the specific ship? with all of those cruisers at the pier, it could get confusing! :confused:

Thanks in advance.

~La Princesa

Good evening all. I am sailing on the Star out of NYC (711 12th avenue) on 5/27. On that same day, Holland America's Veendamn is departing from the same terminal. My question is this: will there be signage that will direct cruisers to the specific ship? with all of those cruisers at the pier, it could get confusing! :confused:

Thanks in advance.

~La Princesa

There will be people there from both lines directing you where you should go. When you walk up to the porter just be mindful to tell him what ship you're going on. You'll of course have tags but this way he doesn't have to look to put it on the correct trolley.

All will be well, honestly it wasn't confusing at all. :)

There will be people there from both lines directing you where you should go. When you walk up to the porter just be mindful to tell him what ship you're going on. You'll of course have tags but this way he doesn't have to look to put it on the correct trolley.

All will be well, honestly it wasn't confusing at all. :)

Thanks. Now I can get a good night's sleep!

~ La Princesa

Since it is only 2 ships in port, i am thinking one ship will be docked at pier 88 (the star) while the veendam will dock at pier 92. If that happens, then the 2 ships wont be embarking from the same terminal building. Traffic near the terminal may be a bit high

Since it is only 2 ships in port, i am thinking one ship will be docked at pier 88 (the star) while the veendam will dock at pier 92. If that happens, then the 2 ships wont be embarking from the same terminal building. Traffic near the terminal may be a bit high

The Veendam and the Star may both be at 88. We've cruised from NY on several occasions when the NCL ship was on one side of 88 and another cruise line's ship (including the Veendam) was on the opposite side of 88. We've even cruised from there when two NCL ships were at 88. (Here's a picture showing two NCL ships at 88, a ? ship at 90 and a Carnival ship at 92: http://www.nycruise.com/images/pg_02.jpg)

They made announcements for both in the terminal last week. The Veendam was on one side and the Star on the other. I think the Carnival Miracle was one terminal over, perhaps at 92.

You only need to get to Pier 88 where both the Star and Veendam are berthed. the NCL Star check in is right at the front of the pier and Veendam check in is at the back of the cruise terminal so you won't have any confusion on where you need to go.

Jonathan

Be sure and go all the way up and park with your bags dont drop them off on the lower level if you do you will be directed back out into traffic.Go all the way up pay for parking tell them what ship they will direct you were to park.If there are no porters up there to take your bags send someone down the elevator and a quick hand shake $$ one will follow you up and take care of you.

Archived