Anniversary dinner in Talkeetna

debinnh

Hi. We will be in Talkeetna for our anniversary. I would like dinner recommendations. I have heard the Talkeetna lodge has wonderful views and great (expensive?) food. We are staying at the Swiss Inn and I wouldn't mind a good wiener schnitzle. I also read a salmon bake opened up in town last year. We are doing a Salmon bake in Ketchican, so I am not leaning towards this. We are planning on breakfast at the Roadhouse. Lunch at the pizza place.

Any ideas? We will have a car, by the way.

Go to Michelle's for your dinner. Talkeetna Lodge has a nice dinning room but I think the other is better. The dinning room where you are staying is not the place for a special dinner. Have stayed there many times and the food is not bad, but it is oilcloth on the table, and kids doing homework on the other side of the room. It is absolutely clean but not the place I would have a special dinner.

debinnh ,

If it's your anniversary I would say go to the Talkeetna lodge I take my wife there every year for our anniversary . Its cost alot but she is worth it. I would stay away from Michelle's unless you like to hear the boss yelling at employees.:eek:

Alaskan Guide

I too would suggest the Talkeetna Alaska lodge dining. It's the nicest dining for a special occasion and a little formality desired? But also try the Roadhouse's breakfast or lunch too. :) Have a wonderful time!!!

Archived