Dawn Princess Dry Dock

The Dawn Princess has now moved from Fishermans Island Wharf to Cairncross Dock.

It appears they had the webcam in Zoom mode.

Gatway Brigde here we come

ShowImage.aspx?r=95249

Brisbane River

ShowImage.aspx?r=95254

A closeup of the Gateway Bridge

ShowImage.aspx?r=95255

Cairncross Fitting Out Wharf

ShowImage.aspx?r=95256

When we disembarked Dawn Princess this morning, we were amazed at how many people were getting ready to get on board to work on her. I think it will be a bit like a bee hive on there over the next few days.

The staff were talking about carpets and we saw lots of painters getting on. Lets hope its more than cosmetic...they need to work on the plumbing...the location of the only Australian plug is really annoying..over near the TV OK to change your phone but useless if you want to use a hair styler or recharge your laptop while you are working on it.

The buffet area is really showing its age compared to HAL and Royal Caribbean.

Sue

I noticed that David - can't believe how much the buildings have shot up since last February! I actually tried to save the webcam photo from Shipwatcher, but it is very hit and miss these days - Shipwatcher that is.

I noticed that David - can't believe how much the buildings have shot up since last February! I actually tried to save the webcam photo from Shipwatcher, but it is very hit and miss these days - Shipwatcher that is.

I am sure those tall blocks were not there last time I was at Portside.:D

----------------------------------------------------------------

I like Krooz-cams...

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/

..they have it all on the one page, even links to port cams.

I am sure those tall blocks were not there last time I was at Portside.:D

----------------------------------------------------------------

I like Krooz-cams...

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/

..they have it all on the one page, even links to port cams.

Yes Krooz-cams have a good site - I just like Shipwatcher because you can do the photo and get the address all there and don't have to upload a photo to a web account.

Yes Krooz-cams have a good site - I just like Shipwatcher because you can do the photo and get the address all there and don't have to upload a photo to a web account.
you can not all ways trust ship watcher.

Hi were sailing on Dawn Princess next year leaving Sydney March 31 2013, so we hope she's in good shape then with no yukky smells. Anyone else sailing on the Round Austraia trip? Where is the best place to post and ask questions as there doesn't seem to be a Roll call for the cruise yet? Do Australians mainly use the ships tours or do their own thing and arrange private trips? What about stuff like bringing wine on board, is it allowed on these sailings? We've had no problems in Europe and USA.

Sandy in Spain

Hi were sailing on Dawn Princess next year leaving Sydney March 31 2013, so we hope she's in good shape then with no yukky smells. Anyone else sailing on the Round Austraia trip? Where is the best place to post and ask questions as there doesn't seem to be a Roll call for the cruise yet? Do Australians mainly use the ships tours or do their own thing and arrange private trips? What about stuff like bringing wine on board, is it allowed on these sailings? We've had no problems in Europe and USA.

Sandy in Spain

We'd love the answers to those two questions as well. We're on the Dawn this November and our room is mid-ship on Aloha - should we move? And we also read that the Dawn crewwas being nasty about bringing any more than one wine on board for drinking in our stateroom. It's a long trip, so we'd like enough for a pre-dinner drink on our balcony each and every night.

We'd love the answers to those two questions as well. We're on the Dawn this November and our room is mid-ship on Aloha - should we move? And we also read that the Dawn crewwas being nasty about bringing any more than one wine on board for drinking in our stateroom. It's a long trip, so we'd like enough for a pre-dinner drink on our balcony each and every night.

There is some noise from the pool deck above I would opt for a Baja cabin in preference..I was in Aloha in May in the balcony cabins and you could hear heavy footsteps above us but we were further to the aft than mid ships.

Australians happily arrange their own tours through the roll call or privately, as well as utilise the ships tours. Have you joined your roll call to see what they are doing...non Aussies very welcome to join in anything.

Alcohol...Princess policy of one bottle of wine per person per port is enforced in some places and not in others. We found it enforced in Melbourne but not in Sydney for instance but I would not rely on our experience...I guess it depends on the staff etc. This is of considerable annoyance to Aussies and Kiwis who know it is not the case when sailing Princess outside of Australia.

Sue

snip...Have you joined your roll call to see what they are doing...non Aussies very welcome to join in anything. Yes, I started one for the cruise, but only a handful of people have replied

Alcohol...Princess policy of one bottle of wine per person per port is enforced in some places and not in others. We found it enforced in Melbourne but not in Sydney for instance but I would not rely on our experience...I guess it depends on the staff etc. This is of considerable annoyance to Aussies and Kiwis who know it is not the case when sailing Princess outside of Australia. Sue

Thanks Sue for the info. When we were in Sydney we took on a couple of boxes of wine, with no problem

Sandy in Spain

Archived