Why is Carnival the only cruise ship in Galveston in August 2012.

TRAVELGUGRN

Why is Carnival the only cruise ship in Galveston in August 2012. I've tried to book with RC and CP, but it doesn't look like they are in port for August 2012. I don't want to do Carnival. What's going on?

There are two ships in Galveston in August 2012.

Total ships for the year are 5 .

Disney

Carnival largest and newest

Carnival

RCCL

Princess

Why is Carnival the only cruise ship in Galveston in August 2012. I've tried to book with RC and CP, but it doesn't look like they are in port for August 2012. I don't want to do Carnival. What's going on?

Carnival is the only line that keeps ships at Galveston all year. Royal Caribbean, and starting this coming year, Disney and Princess, have ships in Galveston during the winter and spring and then those ships are off to Europe or Alaska. Perhaps the other lines can make more money by moving their ships!

Carnival has the only ships in the summer. RCCL, Princess and Disney arrive in the fall for the winter months they then leave late spring for Europe. At one time RCCL had a ship full time. Wish they would return for year around cruises.

Yep...RCCL used to have two ships in port full time. Splendour of the Seas did 4 and 5 day cruises and Rhapsody did 7 days. It was nice!

Archived