Mexican school holiday?

39august

In Nicaragua, where my husband is from, it's the week before..not sure about Mexico. It's very holy week.."semana santa"...it's not a holiday just for the schools..It's very moving to see all of the procesions taking place in the villiages of the country..and most shops, businesses, and all government offices are closed the entire week..but again, not sure how it is in Mexico but I know it's similar in El Salvador and Honduras

I know either the week before or the week after Easter is a school holiday in Mexico. Can someone pleasetell me which?

The week between Palm Sunday and Easter will be filled with activities and usually school will be canceled in a number of countries. From what I can remember, many of the countries founded by Spain will do this due to their Roman Catholic history.

Semana Santa, or "Semana Loco," as we call it here in San Carlos, is the week before Easter. It is THE biggest holiday in Mexico. This year, approximately 216,000 Mexican tourists descended on San Carlos.

I love traveling to Nicaragua for Semana Santa week..I love seeing the processions and festivals, etc It can be very interesting for a tourist to see. It's always interesting to see who paid to carry the coffin that week too! LOL

Archived