Bottled water

m41475

Not to be a scold, but bottled water is a certified environmental disaster, a lot of the brands are repurposed tap water and/or full of impurities, the water sold onboard is more expensive than gasoline, and the onboard tap water is fine and pure, so why on earth...

OK, I am being a scold....

My wife and I are often seen carrying bundles of water bottles on board the ship and yes, some think we are crazy. We are NOT nutty about what we eat and drink for the most part but we have learned over the years that Ship's water makes us more thirsty as we drink it. The chlorine content is simply too much for us. I know it doesn't do this to everyone, but it does it to us.

SO, we buy it in port when we can get it cheaper than on the ship which is most of the time. Much less in many cases.

OK, Before anyone starts on me about how our municipal water has chlorine..... Our well (450 ft ) is in the same aquifer as a very well known bottled water and yes, they pump from a tap. A tap that is attached to a 600 ft deep well.

We have in the past used a Brita filter and while that helps, read closely and you will see most filters specify "reduces the TASTE of chlorine" Some of the properties remain.

Archived