I booked with NCL, can I switch to a travel agent?

canuckgal

Hi- put a deposit on a cruise months ago, and was planning to use points/miles to pay for flights. I did some number crunching and figured out it will be cheaper for me to pay cash for flights and use points to pay for my cruise. BUT I don't want to cancel because I picked my room very carefully and I'm worried about it disappearing before my agent can complete my transaction. Can she call NCL and takeover my reservation so I can pay with points?

I have heard on these boards that it is possible to switch. I read a thread a couple of months ago about the specifics, in fact. It might involve a 3-way call to accomplish. If you search these boards, you might find the whole thread.

We did book directly with NCL to use the cruise certificate and to get OBC. I switched the booking to a TA to get their OBC and perks without having to "cancel and re-book" the next day. All it took was an email to NCL requesting the release and all went smoothly.

Yes you can transfer your booking over to a travel agent, they will need your booking number to take over the file, we have done this in the past where we wanted to secure a certain cabin and the agent we deal with was not working that day after we had the cabin secured we moved it over to the agent.

We did book directly with NCL to use the cruise certificate and to get OBC. I switched the booking to a TA to get their OBC and perks without having to "cancel and re-book" the next day. All it took was an email to NCL requesting the release and all went smoothly.

You don't have book through NCL to use your certificate.

I've done it several times. I usually book through my TA. However, on a couple of occasions NCL would not make available to my TA a room that I wanted and was shown on NCL site as available. I've then gone ahead and booked it but then transfered the booking to the TA (get some TA OBC that way). As previously mentioned, requires an email to NCL with your request and the TA info, and then the necessary info to you TA. I'm my TA's easiest client. I plan, shop, select, and do everything about a cruise before presenting the info to my TA for booking. She says she should be providing me with a comission.

Archived