PNG looks to infrastructure

More tenders yes, but the ship itself and the dock are both limiting factors for loading and unloading. You can't just run all the tenders on the ship as you have more passengers, the points at both ends are limits.

Yes... I thought that is what I had said...

Sue

why would any one be put off going on this cruise, I for one am not put off by any port weather it be a tender or a dock port.

Here is the main dock in Atolau.

283433_249945918351732_249945758351748_1027348_4971480_n.jpg

so does every one think of the tender dock at Atolau?

• 2 weeks later...
DH's friend, who was a skipper there, was saying last night it will be interesting to see where they anchor as it is very deep water. Found this ref on PNG Ports site. Looks a fair way from the town.

They might do what they did at Christmas Island (Christmas Island has very deep water as well), and put in a deep water anchor buoy.

i think they would only use 4 tenders at the most....the longest tender ports would have to be Townsville & Port Denarau and they manage ok

has anything been mentioned about getting any visas, when we were in Rabaul a couple of years ago everyone had to get a visa even if they didnt go ashore.....is this new place near Rabaul

i think they would only use 4 tenders at the most....the longest tender ports would have to be Townsville & Port Denarau and they manage ok

has anything been mentioned about getting any visas, when we were in Rabaul a couple of years ago everyone had to get a visa even if they didnt go ashore.....is this new place near Rabaul

I remember someone posting somewhere that P&O would arrange the visas.

I remember someone posting somewhere that P&O would arrange the visas.

when we were in Rabaul in 2009 it cost us approx $45 then for one day so what would it be now.....even if you didnt get off the ship you had to pay

Archived