Fries in Blu?

kruzgal

Can you request fries in Blu or is it considered too unhealthy? Thanks:)

Go to the Buffet to get your pizza and fries. I don't think they even serve fries in the main dining room, but I might be wrong.

In the MDR they definitely serve fries on request. Our younger DD practically lived on steak and french fries on our Equinox cruise. We will be trying AQ and Blu on our upcoming cruise. I'm sure I've read at least one report of fries being served in Blu on request, but I'd prefer that DD didn't know that!

In the MDR they definitely serve fries on request. Our younger DD practically lived on steak and french fries on our Equinox cruise. We will be trying AQ and Blu on our upcoming cruise. I'm sure I've read at least one report of fries being served in Blu on request, but I'd prefer that DD didn't know that!

Your post made me smile as our DS is exactly the same - steak and french fries most nights! They have always been happy to serve them in the main dining room on request but we are considering trying AQ and I wondered if they would be available there too (I know what you mean about keeping it quiet but it is his holiday too I suppose!)

Can you request fries in Blu or is it considered too unhealthy? Thanks:)

Hi Kruzgal,

While I've only dined once in BLU, I suspect that if you give them advance notice, they will try their best to accomodate... as long as it's doable.

I hope this helps.

You can request anything that you want in Blu but you may not get it. If you do consider tipping more because they probably went to the buffet or some other cafe to get it.

They have potatoes many nights in Blu, and yes, you can French Fries. I believe string fries was on the menu one evening. They are extremely accommodating, so if ou are really craving FF just ask, and if they cannot prepare any that evening, they will do their best to have them for you the next.

They definetely do fries and mashed potatoes in Blu (Eclipse). My wife loves mashed potatoes, which they happily supplied on request.

A litlle story about french fries in Blu, we have had 6 cruises dining in Blu, and in that time only had a couple of meals that were not 'up to scratch'. One evening we were sat near a table of 4, and became apparent they were unhappy with their meal, we watched in amazement as several entree's were returned to the kitchen, and at one time the maitre'd , assistant m'd, the waiter, assistant waiter and the wine waiter were all at the table. Another steak was brought to the table, and one of the pax demanded 'WHERE ARE MY CHIPS', the waiter was stood behind him waiting to serve the french fries!

All the surrounding tables where watching by then, and the maitre'd offered them a bottle of wine, which they refused, stating they would not be bribed! The sweets were not right and the tea was wrong as well. Talking to the waiters after they left, they commented that these passengers were 'well known' around the ship, but said no more.

Richard

Your post made me smile as our DS is exactly the same - steak and french fries most nights! They have always been happy to serve them in the main dining room on request but we are considering trying AQ and I wondered if they would be available there too (I know what you mean about keeping it quiet but it is his holiday too I suppose!)

Don't know the composition of your family and don't want to come across as intrusive... But if you are not aware, AquaClass cabins on the Solstice-Class ships and on the Millennium-Class ships that have been solsticized are designed for double occupancy... None, for instance, feature a convertible sofa bed or upper berth...

That is not to say that I haven't seen minor children sail in AquaClass but, when I have, it's been either a single parent with one child or families who booked more than one AquaClass stateroom [in one case it was a couple, three children, and a very lucky nanny occupying three adjacent cabins]...

Reflection will add AquaClass suites--they appear to be Sky Suites with AquaClass amenities--for the first time but, based upon the Deck Plan, it appears that those have been designed for double occupancy too...

I mention this consideration only in the context of your planning if pertinent... If you were to search, it's been discussed on this board before...

Thanks everyone - all your replies have been really helpful. Our two sons are late teens so have a cabin of their own anyway. I am really keen to try Aqua but the men of the house are not sure. Most of the comments regarding Blu are so positive, this was the only thing that I thought might be an issue. Looks like I can relax and try and convince them to give it a go!

Thanks everyone - all your replies have been really helpful. Our two sons are late teens so have a cabin of their own anyway. I am really keen to try Aqua but the men of the house are not sure. Most of the comments regarding Blu are so positive, this was the only thing that I thought might be an issue. Looks like I can relax and try and convince them to give it a go!

I feel better... I was somewhat uncomfortable with the prospect of having delivered unwelcome news but knew that I personally want to know the facts--like them or not--sooner rather than later...

I'm a guy--eight AquaClass sailings down/seven booked--so you could safely say that I'm a fan... Blu is about clean cuisine/healthier eating with right-sized portions [though surely, you can order as much as you'd like and won't leave hungry], a bit more emphasis on fresh fruits and vegetables, and preparations that emphasize natural reductions rather than heavy gravies or cream sauces... It's not a diet of nuts, twigs, and berries... I really like the ambience--more like a restaurant--and the service is impeccable...

That said, there are surely those who prefer the MDR... And isn't it wonderful to have options? In either case, enjoy!

We ate there for 22 nights last month and I can't recall even seeing one potato or any type....no home fries for breakfast, no baked potatos for dinner.
They refused my DH's request for corned beef hash and home fries for breakfast.The reason was it is up to the chef and he refused.I don't remember potatoes on the menu at all, I guess he or she doesn'tlike them.:rolleyes:

Blu on Infinity definitely accomadates to what you want. We asked for a whole plate of sliced avocado for dinner one night and they didnt even blink. Im assuming the whole "healthy" part of blu is an optional thing. Meaning, you can definitely order the red meat/potatoes-type items they have each night. But you can also order supposedly healthier items. We were a group of 4 and basically ordered the whole menu the couple times we went for dinner there and found the food rather salty. So much for healthy.

IMG_7819.jpg.c1cba9bfbe88b936dce6ef6c2e4e439b.jpg

IMG_7823.jpg.f1432704b9646551a13a478346ba0557.jpg

Archived