Florida Port Vs Home port Galveston: Allure/Oasis?

ginger123snaps

DH and I have seen all the ports (before we had kids). We have 4 year old twins and an almost 3 year old (all boys). We took them on the Carnival Magic out of our homeport Galveston. We are thinking about doing this ship again different itinerary in October...save on airfare to Florida.

A travel agent recently had told me that it wasn't worth me paying the high dollar for the amenities on Allure/Oasis as my kids were too little to truly enjoy most of the activities on these large ships (made sense). I'm thinking ahead for next year...we will still go on the Magic in October. My kids will be 5, 5, 3 (maybe 4 depending on when we go). Would it be worth the airfare and higher cruise cost to go on either of these ships? Airfare for the 5 of us would auto add $2000 to our cost.

DH and I have seen all the ports (before we had kids). We have 4 year old twins and an almost 3 year old (all boys). We took them on the Carnival Magic out of our homeport Galveston. We are thinking about doing this ship again different itinerary in October...save on airfare to Florida.

A travel agent recently had told me that it wasn't worth me paying the high dollar for the amenities on Allure/Oasis as my kids were too little to truly enjoy most of the activities on these large ships (made sense). I'm thinking ahead for next year...we will still go on the Magic in October. My kids will be 5, 5, 3 (maybe 4 depending on when we go). Would it be worth the airfare and higher cruise cost to go on either of these ships? Airfare for the 5 of us would auto add $2000 to our cost.

IMHO - no.

It is so much easier to pack your car & drive especially with 3 small children.

I don't think so, either....and consider the packing issue....if you drive, you can bring whatever you want....if you fly, you are severly limited (unless you want to pay all those luggage fees!) in what you can bring...and with kids....you will have lots of "stuff"!

Homeport now....Oasis/Allure isn't going anywhere anytime soon! You'll have your opportunity to sail it one day! And, the prices will probably drop in the future as newer ships come out!

Thanks for your responses. We are thinking the same. We have never cruised the same ship twice....so we will see how the magic goes second time around and then decide. I just found out that Carnival Sunshine (155 million dollar renovated ship) will be calling New Orleans it's homeport end of 2013. Galveston is closer...but new orleans is still within a day's drive....so if we get bored with magic then i can always book this ship.

Archived