CANNOT Find DH Passport!!

Bsan1221

We recently moved and I have turned the house upside down and I cannot find my dearest husbands passport, birth cert or anything..

I was able to find my passport but not my birt cert..

What do I do??? What options do I have??? I leave in 6 days!! :eek:

For emergencies you can go to the nearest major city that has a consulate and ask for a rush there. I know they have one in SF. (She's going to Alaska via Canada.) If you have your passport you don't need your BC. But hubby needs something!

I see you are going to Alaska! You will only need his birth certificate. I was in a similar situation going to Alaska and they did not send my passport and they had my birth certificate. I was able to BEG them to overnite a copy of my birth certificate so I could leave the following day. You have several days to work with. What state was he born in? You can do a google search for that states birth certificate site and then CALL someone on the phone and have them overnite you a copy of the RAISED seal birth certificate you should be okay.

If you post the state I will be glad to help you.

Have fun and enjoy Alaska it is AWESOME !

The website is www.FloridaVitalRecord.com Their phone number is Information: 877.550.7330 call them first thing tomorrow morning and have them send it out the SAME DAY OVERNITE FED-X the birth certificate with the RAISED SEAL. It will cost $24.50 they require someone will have to sign for th Fed-X delivery package when it arrives.

Good Luck.

Becky

Just a side note Becky...make sure your passport is in the same name that your cruise ship reservation is in or bring your marriage certificate also.

My passport is in my maiden name but my reservation is in my married name so I have to bring the marriage certificate.

Since all of Florida Records are on line now, you can go to any Health Department in the state for a Birth Certificate if you were born in Florida, sure makes it easy!!

Good Luck!!

Enjoy Alaska!!

Sounds like the problem is solved since Florida makes it easy to get your birth certificate. Some states aren't so easy. I'm a TA and here's a link to a site that I give to people all the time. When I needed one a couple of years ago (afraid my passport wouldn't arrive in time for our cruise), I decided I would go straight to the state instead of using the following link. I did so and when it came it was via the same company. So California at least feels this website it legit.

www.vitalchek.com

When using it, make sure to type in chek, not check to get the right website.

Hopefully this will come in handy for someone else. If you need to have the birth certificate ASAP, you can pay extra and it will arrive very fast.

Sharon

Sounds like the problem is solved since Florida makes it easy to get your birth certificate. Some states aren't so easy. I'm a TA and here's a link to a site that I give to people all the time. When I needed one a couple of years ago (afraid my passport wouldn't arrive in time for our cruise), I decided I would go straight to the state instead of using the following link. I did so and when it came it was via the same company. So California at least feels this website it legit.

www.vitalchek.com

When using it, make sure to type in chek, not check to get the right website.

Hopefully this will come in handy for someone else. If you need to have the birth certificate ASAP, you can pay extra and it will arrive very fast.

Sharon

Just ordered a new one for myself from this site and it was here in about 7 days. We are cruising to Alaska this month and I did'nt like the looks of my old one. Did'nt want to take any chances, I also ordered my husband one through Vitalchek and everything was fine. It's great to have this computer thing, god what did we do back in the 80's!!!! lol

Just ordered a new one for myself from this site and it was here in about 7 days. We are cruising to Alaska this month and I did'nt like the looks of my old one. Did'nt want to take any chances, I also ordered my husband one through Vitalchek and everything was fine. It's great to have this computer thing, god what did we do back in the 80's!!!! lol

Isn't that the truth...the computer has changed our lives so much. Back in the early 80's we lived in Germany. My husband was working for IBM and we lived in a tiny German village. We could hardly get any news in English on the TV and I know we would have had so much more quality traveling if we had been able to find out where all the festivals and such were. Bottom line, between cell phones and computers, my life has changed for the good. I received a cutsie email the other day and it started out: "You know you live in 2005 when: you leave the house and panic because you forgot your cell phone"...how true!

I really want to compliment everyone here.

I am truly struck by just how gracious and caring the CC members are for each other.

A member was in trouble, called out for help, and the CC members jumped into action, and provided a solution, or several solutions, the same evening. How wonderful you all are.

What a wonderful testimonial to this board, and to it's members.

We should take a moment and acknowledge that.

:)

Thanks.

Love Crus'n

You are 150% correct.

I couldnt believe how many responses I received in a matter of minutes from so many concerned cruisers. I live in Miami, Florida and I couldnt find that information fast enough and Carnival couldnt give me a specific answer.

I thank you all.

www.vitalchek.com

I have used them to get a copy of my birth certificate, works great. For years, including entering the military, getting a security clearance etc., I had been using what my parents said was my birth certificate. But, when I went to get a passport, it was refused because it was a "hospital" certificate. So I used vitalcheck.com and had my birth certificate in less than 10 days.

Highly recommend them.

Cheers.

Archived