Naples - Capri - Ship Docking

account4fun

Is there a way to find out where our Celebrity ship will be docking in Naples? Our plan is to go to Capri using the Molo Beverello pier but I know there are other options.

I have used capri.net to look at the hydrfoil schedule and was considering pre-purchasing tickets through the two companies (SNAV and NLG) but wanted to make sure this was our route before we lost $$.

Do people find it's worth the time to pre-purchase tickets? We arrive at 7am and hope to catch the 8:05 hydrofoil.

Its entirely possible that your ship is docking in Salerno and not Naples since many Celebrity and RCI now stop there instead of Naples. Check your itinerary carefully. If it says Naples (Salerno) then you are docking in Salerno and your transportation options will be different.

Its entirely possible that your ship is docking in Salerno and not Naples since many Celebrity and RCI now stop there instead of Naples. Check your itinerary carefully. If it says Naples (Salerno) then you are docking in Salerno and your transportation options will be different.

Our itinerary says Naples, Italy so I think we are ok.

We would never consider pre-purchasing jetboat/hydrofoil tickets for a few reasons. You cannot say for sure when you will get to ferry port as docking of your cruise ship can be delayed, you might get a lousy docking position which leaves you further from ferry pier (docking positions are often not finalized until a day or two prior to arrival, you might find that one of the other ferrry companies has the next boat at the time you arrive at the terminal, etc. We have been to Naples many times (more then a dozen) and often taken the jetboats out to Capri. In each case we simply walk over to the ferry terminal (or drive when we are on driving trips) and buy a ticket on the next jetboat/hydrofoil. We have never waited in line (for tickets) more then 5 min and never had a problem getting on the next boat. When we arrive on Capri we stop at the ticket office (at the end of the pier), check all the return schedules, and buy our return ticket on the boat that has the best schedule (regardless of company).

Hank

Our itinerary says Naples, Italy so I think we are ok.

I would still double check this. Some cruise lines have a tendency to be vague about what they mean by Naples, probably because they know very few people would choose to dock at Salerno!

Archived