Car rental - Toulon

oldtownjns

Hi all,

We are on the June 16 Solstice sailing out of Barcelona and would like to rent a car in Toulon. I have read on CC about the two different locations to dock in the Toulon vicinity.

Is there anyone who knows for certain which dock/location the ship is currently using? I called Celebrity a few weeks ago, and the woman was clueless.

Thanks so much!

Judith

When we were there on Tuesday aboard Solstice, we were docked at La Seyne-sur-Mer, which is located southwest of the city of Toulon---a Naval facility is between this location and Toulon. Celebrity offered a shuttle bus from the port to the center of Toulon for $16 roundtrip--they advised that it could take 45 minutes due to traffic.

When we were there on Tuesday aboard Solstice, we were docked at La Seyne-sur-Mer, which is located southwest of the city of Toulon---a Naval facility is between this location and Toulon. Celebrity offered a shuttle bus from the port to the center of Toulon for $16 roundtrip--they advised that it could take 45 minutes due to traffic.

There's a water bus service, that leaves from just west of the pier (next dock down) that's a couple of Euro, not subject to traffic jams, and takes 15 minutes

Is there anyone who knows for certain which dock/location the ship is currently using? I called Celebrity a few weeks ago, and the woman was clueless.

We went through this very same dilemma when we went to "Toulon" last December. A lot of activity on our roll call related to this (btw - have you joined your roll call?). One of our fellow passengers was able to escalate the port question to the Celebrity CEO's office and got the official answer - La Seyne-sur-Mer, as noted by Eurobikefan in an earlier post. From what I recall, the port in Toulon itself is too small to accomodate the S-Class ships.

Thank you. Yes, we have joined the roll call. The problem is that the reservations person at both Hertz and National ) isn't able to tell us whether the local office will pick us up at the La Seyne Sur Mer port or not.

We are working it out. Calling Europcar and Sixt.

Thank you for confirming the port!

We'll be there in November. We rented thru Europcar which is just a short taxi from the pier.

Address

ROND POINT DU 8 MAI 1945

83500 LA SEYNE SUR MER

trans.gif

Phone

+33 (0) 494877598

trans.gif

Thank you. Yes, we have joined the roll call. The problem is that the reservations person at both Hertz and National ) isn't able to tell us whether the local office will pick us up at the La Seyne Sur Mer port or not.

We are working it out. Calling Europcar and Sixt.

Thank you for confirming the port!

FYI - to give you some perspective, here is a link to an aerial photo of the port. If you zoom in you can see a cruise ship docked (I am guessing it is RCL ??)

Archived