Help needed in picking a 10 plus day caribbean cruise.

I'm looking at taking another cruise to the caribbean that is 10 or more days. Last year I did an 11 day caribbean with NCL and liked it a lot. What I want to know why people in this community prefer taking princess, Hal, X cruises etc vs NCL. From what I can gather the pricing with NCL is better. Basic economics states the other lines can and do charge higher rates for a simlar cruise since peple are willing to pay that price. I'm not complaining about any prices in this thread. I'm just curious why others would be willing to pay more for a simulair cruise. What does this community find on Hal, Princess, X, ships they don't on the NCL ships? This thread wasn't meant to start any flames. Thanks again.

Each cruiseline has a slightly different "feel" to it....HAL, Princess and X are a tad more "upscale" in feel...and the formal nights appeal to lots of cruisers. NCL is more 'laid-back'...no real formality at all. Carnival is next in the "laid-back" catagory, followed by RCI, although RCI still has formal nights, even tho many don't do the formal dress!

I think since you enjoyed your NCL experience, and if the price is right, you stick with it!

We do not like NCL because we hate free style dining. The waiters we have had don't seem to care and we have had to wait as much as 40 minutes before we could get a table. I have seen people sitting on the steps or the floor waiting for a table. Twice we asked to share a table and got one for two (we have eaten toghether for 50 years now and want to meet people). We don't like being given a beeper to be called for dinner.

The only NCL ship we really liked, and went on 3 times, was the Majesty. It was built by the old Dolphin Cruise lines before they died and only had 1200 passengers. One of their two dining rooms was smaller and you never had to wait long and could sit on the window sills waiting. But it went to Louis Cruises two years ago. Miss that small old ship!

Each cruiseline has a slightly different "feel" to it....HAL, Princess and X are a tad more "upscale" in feel...and the formal nights appeal to lots of cruisers. NCL is more 'laid-back'...no real formality at all. Carnival is next in the "laid-back" catagory, followed by RCI, although RCI still has formal nights, even tho many don't do the formal dress!

I think since you enjoyed your NCL experience, and if the price is right, you stick with it!

I could not have said it better ..

My comment exactly .

Archived