How Do You Cure "Cruise Withdrawls?"

I know that having another cruise booked is always a good solution for "Cruise Withdrawls" but sometimes the wait can be torture!!!!

I find myself daydreaming at work; checking the Cruise Critic Boards constantly; lurking over people's comments and reviews of my next ship I'm going to board......What do you do to pass the time?

All suggestions are welcome!

And, does anyone know what the entertainment in the Princess Theatre is for the Sapphire?

In March the production shows were "Do You Wanna Dance", "Motor City" and "I Got The Music".

Beyond what you're doing to deal with cruise withdrawals I don't really have any other suggestions. Recently I was able to take advantage of a last-minute deal and book a cruise leaving in four weeks at a very good price which was a great way to deal with cruise withdrawal between cruises. :D

In March the production shows were "Do You Wanna Dance", "Motor City" and "I Got The Music".

Beyond what you're doing to deal with cruise withdrawals I don't really have any other suggestions. Recently I was able to take advantage of a last-minute deal and book a cruise leaving in four weeks at a very good price which was a great way to deal with cruise withdrawal between cruises. :D

I love going to the shows and relaxing while being entertained. I've seen the above shows so many times, I could perform them. Although the performers do change on different venues, I am ready for some new stuff!!!!

And, does anyone know what the entertainment in the Princess Theatre is for the Sapphire?

I am on the June 2nd sailing and my most recent pre-cruise e-mail said the production shows are:

Born To Be Wild: With rock on the radio, we hit the road in a Pink Cadillac passing landscapes and encountering colorful characters on a spectacular media backdrop.

I Got the Music: Featuring the ships' orchestra and our vocalists, this show presents a tribute to the icons of popular music.

I love going to the shows and relaxing while being entertained. I've seen the above shows so many times, I could perform them. Although the performers do change on different venues, I am ready for some new stuff!!!!

I know what you mean the only difference this time was with no Vista Lounge they had to perform the Motor City show in the Princess Theater. Earlier this month on the Island they had "On the Bayou" which was enjoyable but being produced for only the Universe Lounge it can only be performed on the Island & Coral. :(

I am on the June 2nd sailing and my most recent pre-cruise e-mail said the production shows are:

Born To Be Wild: With rock on the radio, we hit the road in a Pink Cadillac passing landscapes and encountering colorful characters on a spectacular media backdrop.

I Got the Music: Featuring the ships' orchestra and our vocalists, this show presents a tribute to the icons of popular music.

Well, there's a little bit of difference......

We're sailing on the Golden Princess in a week or so and the production shows are British Invasion and Stardust... neither of which we have seen...It'll be nice to see some new shows... 'twas really tired of Piano Man :p

We're sailing on the Golden Princess in a week or so and the production shows are British Invasion and Stardust... neither of which we have seen...It'll be nice to see some new shows... 'twas really tired of Piano Man :p

Please come back and tell us all about the shows and how you liked them!!!

Temporary cure (I'm talking minute-by-minute): Cruise Critic.

Actual cure: Cruise.

That is how it goes for me :D

I have cruise pictures all over my office, all over my home and even send some to the kids, expecting them to parade them......:eek:

Thanks for trying to help!!!

I know that having another cruise booked is always a good solution for "Cruise Withdrawls" but sometimes the wait can be torture!!!!

I find myself daydreaming at work; checking the Cruise Critic Boards constantly; lurking over people's comments and reviews of my next ship I'm going to board......What do you do to pass the time?

All suggestions are welcome!

I do pretty much the same thing. I'm always checking the CC boards for ideas and information while waiting for my next cruise. Something that might help you (at least a little) is to play the dvd of Season 1 of "The Love Boat" TV series. :) I wish the remaining seasons would be released.

While I love to cruise I know that in all reality, I have to leave the ship and get back to our normal routine at home. But I also make sure that I have at least one cruise booked, even if it is 15 months away. That way at least I have something to work forward too.

I do pretty much the same thing. I'm always checking the CC boards for ideas and information while waiting for my next cruise. Something that might help you (at least a little) is to play the dvd of Season 1 of "The Love Boat" TV series. :) I wish the remaining seasons would be released.

I am an avid CC Board lurker and writer and I love watching"The Love Boat" and playing the theme whenever it's my last day of work before I cruise.....just to let my colleagues know where I'm off to. I can't say that their always pleased to hear it! :p

I actually found that when I didn't have a cruise booked (2010) I stayed away from CC for a while. It helped keep me from thinking about what I was missing. Granted, at the time, I was working for a cruiseline so I was constantly talking about cruising. I actually was a bit burned out on cruise talk.

Now, we have 3 cruises booked and are thinking about adding a 4th so my hubby goes to YouTube on our tv and we watch cruise videos. Usually looking at ships we are thinking about booking. It is fun to see the variety of ships and what they offer.

I actually found that when I didn't have a cruise booked (2010) I stayed away from CC for a while. It helped keep me from thinking about what I was missing. Granted, at the time, I was working for a cruiseline so I was constantly talking about cruising. I actually was a bit burned out on cruise talk.

Now, we have 3 cruises booked and are thinking about adding a 4th so my hubby goes to YouTube on our tv and we watch cruise videos. Usually looking at ships we are thinking about booking. It is fun to see the variety of ships and what they offer.

Working at a cruiseline would be like having a candy addiction and working for Willy Wonka!

It's a good thing I can multi-task really well!!!! :D

I'm 6 days away from my first cruise and I feel hooked already. Am trying to play cool as god knows if/when we'll be able to afford to cruise again. This is our belated 'official' honeymoon after getting married in October and our guests contributed vouchers so we could afford this one! Am dreading being desperate for my next cruise and not being able to go :(

Well, I don't think I will have withdrawl for a while now. Between July 2012 and July 2013 we have 4 cruises booked. Yep! Booked another one this morning. Added the Enchantment to our lineup.

So, yes, booking cruises does help with the withdrawl sypmtoms. :D

The only cure I've found that works for cruise withdrawals is to have another trip planned. Either another cruise or land trip, wine country tours are a good way to go.

We've even had brunch in the old Queen Mary for a real mini fix, a couple times we spent the night onboard.

Archived