S1 Sky Suite - Solstice - Pics & Info

hillsprint

We just got back from our Med cruise on the Solstice. Originally having booked a 1C balcony we took advantage of a price drop in the S1 suites to grab one for less than a £200 extra. We booked 8336 as I wanted the starboard side for the Venice sail-in, but ofcourse the wrap-round balcony gives great views to the side and the stern, but more of that later.

So here are some shots of the features of this suite :-

The suite as we arrived

P5110004800x600.jpg

The reverse view, the "S1 pole" is close to the bed in this suite, but I never found it a hindrance, the Celebrity tote bag is on the bed and is similar in quality and style to a Longchamp one my wife has.

093800x600.jpg

P5110005800x600.jpg

The bathroom features a full size bath, with a rainshower style shower and a moveable smaller one that gives a horizontal spray when in its holder. The mirror behind the basin has two angled mirror doors on each side, that open to give access to two decent sized cupboards

P5110010600x800.jpg

P5150093600x800.jpg

New to the suite this year is the provision of an iPhone/iPod/iPad dock, which also has a set of amplified speakers. This takes up one of the 3 available power outlets, but can be unplugged if you are not an Apple oficionado. Here is the S1 "Entertainment Centre"

P5110026800x600.jpg

Incidentally the mirror has built-in illumination which is controlled by the switch seen above.

The storage on the S1 is tremendous. There are two ample drawers in each side of the bed. The dresser has 4 large drawers and atleast one small drawer.

The there is the wardrobe beside the bathroom

P5210491800x600.jpg

At the other end of the suite there is the mini-bar location which again provides further storage opportunities

P5210492600x800.jpg

Finally to what I thiank are the two outstanding features of the S1 suite, the corner balcony and the large porthole window. When lying in bed you can get a view out of the porthole and the patio doors, which make for a fabulous sight when you wake up in the morning

P5120030800x600.jpg

The balcony is large enough to accommodate the two recliner chairs and footstools, as well as a large round table. You can see right across the stern and almost to the bow of the ship when looking out to the side. I would say you have about a 260 degree view. It really is wonderful, and gave us a great platform to see Venice both on the sail-in and sail-out. This pic is taken from the starboard side corner looking across the balcony as we leave Barcelona

P5110021800x600.jpg

Finally I have to put a mention in of the butler, Dominic, and the two room attendants, William & Larry, who provided excellent service throughout our 12 days on-board. Dominic arrived at 4.00 pm each day with a trolley full of high tea delights, as well as the occasional unexpected treat. The room was kept spotless throughout, with towels being changed on a daily basis.

So if you can, I'd say the S1 is worth making that extra effort for.

Any questions, I'll do my best to answer

Cheers

Michael

Beautiful suite. I'm jealous. For that upgrade price, you got a bargain. Hope your cruise was wonderful.

Looks nice.. mom and dad upgraded to a S3??? when the prices dropped. They won't have the wrap around balcony, but the other items they love- plus they decided it was worth it for the cappuccinos/espressos and 2 free dinners alone!

I plan to 'join them' for tea sometimes! :)

and to borrow the 'tub' every few days...

question- did the do tea/ appetizers the boarding day or does that start first full day?

Yes, we had a wonderful cruise, can't speak highly enough of the service and quality Celebrity delivered, it fully met our expectations, I hope it meets all yours.

Miss Dee

We were on a "no pressure" cruise so we didn't bust ourselves in every port. In Naples we decided to do our own thing and take the ferry to Capri. As has been said elsewhere the ferry terminal is right beside where you dock. The price is 34 euros each for the return trip, it takes about 40 mins to get to Capri. We simply stayed round the Grand Marina area, had lunch and did some shopping. You can get the funicular up to Anna Capri, it is the domed opening visible in the middle of the pic below

P5130070.jpg

The rest of the area is very nice, we were there on a Sunday and there was a market along the front.

P5130060.jpg

and beautiful views around the port

P5130063.jpg

In Venice we decided on the first day to used the ship's shuttle, as you don't arrive until 2.00pm. It was $22 each, but I feel it was worth it, as it delivers you straight to a peir beside the Doge's Palace

P5150153.jpg

This allows you to then explore the alleyways and as you make your way towards Rialto.

P5150195.jpg

But to be honest Venice is quite a small area and if you do the research and are able to keep up a reasonable speed you could walk from the ship through the city to the Doge's Palace picking up the Rialto and other sites on the way. It really depends on time and if you want to stay in Venice for a meal or return to the ship for your dinner.

We decided to do a ship's trip on the second day (or really just a morning) and chose the Murano/Burano visits, which were both highly entertaining (especially watching the master glass blower make a prancing horse in under a minute !!). We had wet weather, but I think the prettiness of Bruano still shone through

P5160219.jpg

Hope that helps

Cheers

Michael

You have been very lucky to get that particular S1 suite on a price drop , Congrats!

Myself looked into that too when there was a promotion, but then found out that there are not many of these Sky suites on the ship, as per your and X picture with the extra round porthole window. Would have loved to book one of those, but of course they were gone.:(

Thanks for the great photos!

Does anyone know if the S1 Sky Suites on the Constellation are the same (size, storage space, furnished similar, etc.) as on the Solstice?

The pictures from hillsprint are terrific! Thanks for sharing them.

Hi Hillsprint

thanks very much for posting these wonderful photos.

My husband and I are also booked into a corner sky suite and are very much looking forward to it.

Just one question about the shower - it looks like it is just a hand held shower from your photos - is that the case or is there holder for it on the wall so you can stand under it easily?

Thanks again.

PKW

Thanks very much for the reply - believe it or not the shower can make or break my husbands holiday...

We are very excited and looking forward to our Suite.

Regards

PKW

Daisy

The dock is now a standard featrue the Celeb supply to all suites

As to the bath/shower controls, the top of the smaller knobs controls the flow rate to the rainfall shower, the 2nd one down is the flow to the small moveable shower, the 3rd small knob is the flow rate to the bath and finally the bigger one at the bottom sets the water temp so it is the same across all 3 smaller knobs !!

Simples as a certain Meerkat would say :D

Cheers

Michael

Thanks for the answer. Just saved me from hauling my travel dock.

Good news on the shower. I'll send my husband in first, cause that's just the kind of woman I am.

Loved the pictures. Just makes me ready to get on the ship in March.

Sherry

Archived