Friend Doesn't Have Credit Card??

Okay, so me and a friend will be sailing on the 24th of June on the Oceana.

While I do have a credit card, my friend does not (nor does he possess a debit card).

I would not want to cover his on board expenses, as such, is it possible we have two different accounts routed to the same credit card, or can he give the cruise line cash instead for on board purchases?

My thinking is, if we have two different bills, even if I cover both, we can clearly see who bought what and he can pay me back by other means in due course.

Of course, if he can just give the line a wad of cash and that be accepted for his on board spending, even better.

Thanks !

Each person has their own on board account and any spend made by them will go onto their account. You can register one credit card and cover two (or more) persons. You get a printed statement at the end of the cruise showing exactly what each person has spent. You can get an interim statement at any time by visiting reception or, if you are on Azura or Ventura, on your cabin TV. The full amount will be charged to your credit card and your friend can pay you his share.

Brian

Each person has their own on board account and any spend made by them will go onto their account. You can register one credit card and cover two (or more) persons. You get a printed statement at the end of the cruise showing exactly what each person has spent. You can get an interim statement at any time by visiting reception or, if you are on Azura or Ventura, on your cabin TV. The full amount will be charged to your credit card and your friend can pay you his share.

Brian

If the accounts are seperate it would be OK for one person to register a credit card and the other person to deposit cash at reception?

I'm pretty sure accounts can still be paid for in cash during and at the end of the voyage as well, so you could register two accounts to the one credit card, but your friend could pay at least some of it, if not all at the end of the cruise.

I just checked the brochure and it says that accounts can be settled in cash, but this must be deposited at the start of the cruise and kept in credit, BUT a credit card also has to be registered at embarkation ,so this may be your solution.

My daughter and her boyfriend don't have credit cards. On boarding they went to reception to place £150 minimum each on their accounts which were then "activated" On the last evening before retiring to bed they went to Reception to get their unspent money. ;)

Archived