Taking snacks on board

radioguy54

Yes, you can take any snacks you want onboard.

If they are not still sealed .. you cannot take them into the ports.. like a sealed bar can be taken into the ports for emergency food, but not a open bag of potato chips.

We take nuts, Gluten free pretzels and Gluten free crackers on every cruise. Unless you want a salad there is not much from room service that is gluten free and cookies on the lido aren't going to cut it when you get the munchies.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Yes, you can bring on anything you want. Our Son always gets hungry for snacks (not food) after we all settled in for the night. Usually bring pretzels and such for him to munch on.

Yeah, well, once you've been held up at embarkation for many hours you will bring food with you too.;)

It was tongue in cheek humour:p

Pretty sure even going a whole day without food aint gonna kill ya!

I sometimes crave salty crunchy snacks at night when I have a pina colada or frozen margarita. (Seems that Carnival has already realized there are cruisers like me, and sell Pringles chips in the shops..for $5.00 per can!:eek:)

I now bring snack bags of goldfish.:D

I sometimes crave salty crunchy snacks at night when I have a pina colada or frozen margarita. (Seems that Carnival has already realized there are cruisers like me, and sell Pringles chips in the shops..for $5.00 per can!:eek:)

I now bring snack bags of goldfish.:D

I agree with this comment!

On board, "munchies" of any sort are sold at "highway robbery" prices. I bring my own goodies, and even if I toss half away, I'm still money ahead!:rolleyes:

snacks are so expensive in the shops (which are not always open full time) and Lido food isn't available all the time either, so chips, chocolate, trail mix etc are always easy to pack for emergency. I'm on medication & always stash something in case I can't get up to the Lido deck right away.

We bring lunch box snacks with us. We put them in our bags when we go on excursions. No one can turn away beef jerky!! Grandma and grandpa were even eating fruit snacks our last cruise!

Pack away....

Shawn

It was tongue in cheek humour:p

Pretty sure even going a whole day without food aint gonna kill ya!

Yeah, I knew it was humor:p

On Embarkation day we don't eat until we have lunch onboard. Once we got stuck in the Long Beach Dome for 6 hours because a couple decided to leave the previous cruise on a seaday.:eek:

We were OK but the diabetics traveling with us had a hard time of it. We didn't eat until 7:30 that night in the MDR.

You can get chips & pretzels from room service...... and they have REALLY good chocolate cake too! :D

My 6-year-old and I agree - room service chocolate cake is the best dessert on the ship! We rank it high above WCMC even. :D

Last time we cruised,we drove all night from S.E. Ohio to New York City. Had not one snack with us,not knowing the city we couldn't find a quick breakfast (did not want to get lost). Thankfully the port had vending machines,caffeine!!!!

This time our boys are going with us,we are going to eat breakfast and I will carry a few snacks in case we have to wait to board.

Archived