vancouver hotels-one night-pre-sail alaskan cruise

olive2

This is our first cruise...HAL in June..we will arrive one day early ...doing a round trip from Vancouver and have no idea where to stay. $150-250 range? What's the best way to do this? Our travel agent seems to have disappeared since we booked the cruise :mad: ( refuse to call her) and have no idea where to stay...are we supposed to be in a certain area to be closer to boarding the ship. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

There are 2 hotels right at the cruise ship pier. One is Pan Pacific Hotel which is attached to Canada Place and the other is right across the street - Fairmont Waterfront Centre. You can try looking up their websites. The Westin Bayshore is on the water right down from the pier. It has great views of the mountains and the ocean. You can see the cruise ships from there. I don't know how much any of these cost, but it is worth it to look them up. Any other help, just let me know as I live in this area.

Do you know anything about the Marriott Renaissance Harborside or the Marriott Downtown Pinnacle? They say they are close to the cruise port, but do not say which one.

thanks!

We have stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront twice and the Pan Pacific once. The Faimont is in the price range you mentioned. We love the location right across from Canada Place. They have used a cargo van in the past to load up the cruise luggage to take it across the street to the pier for you. Then you can just walk across the street. Last time the luggage was outside our cabin before we got there.

I liked the rooms, we have been lucky enough to have a harbour view both times. Beds are comfy with duvets. There is a nice roof top outdoor pool area and an indoor jacuzzi and a small gym. There is a restaurant/lounge in hotel lobby, and a food court in the lower level with some souvenir type shops.

If you are planning on any sightseeing on your own, you are across the street from the sea bus and connected by underground to a skytrain station.

Archived