4 to a stateroom yikes!

Scoup

Does princess have the bunkbeds? Looking at the Sapphire and can't see if they offer this. We are cruising with 6 kids and want to put 4 of them in an interior room with 4 bunkbeds. (Yeah, I know one adult has to be in this room) Other room would like it to be a balcony suite with sofa/bed. Any ideas?:cool:

All the quad rooms would have two twins on the floor and two upper bunks that fold out. Insides and OV fold out from the wall, balcony rooms the uppers drop down from the ceiling. Mini suite quad has one drop down upper and a fold out small sofa (for one). Did you want a mini-suite or a balcony?

Do you have a total of 8? Then you will need a minimum of two quad rooms. There are multiple options for a quad balcony across from a quad inside. Or for a mini-suite with an inside across.

You may have to book early to obtain the rooms you want. Also, your own children do not necessarily need an adult booked into the inside room, depending on their ages. And, depending on sailing and price, you may find it to be worth the cost to book two insides and one balcony and put three kids in each of the insides and just two in the balcony; again, depends on the ages of the children involved.

Does princess have the bunkbeds? Looking at the Sapphire and can't see if they offer this. We are cruising with 6 kids and want to put 4 of them in an interior room with 4 bunkbeds. (Yeah, I know one adult has to be in this room) Other room would like it to be a balcony suite with sofa/bed. Any ideas?:cool:

I have done it with teens and it works, just a little cramped with 4 on the inside.

And we only had 1 teen in the suite with my wife and I, worked out just fine.

I would put the 2 kids that would utilize the benifits of the suite .

for example: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

We travel with two teens and get a balcony with bunk beds that come down from the ceiling. I offered to get the kids a mini suite but they said they would prefer the bunks to being in a fold out couch. It works out OK, the bunks go up after you wake up. We chose a BA stateroom which might have more room. I am not sure about the inside cabins as I have not been in one yet!

You may have to book early to obtain the rooms you want. Also, your own children do not necessarily need an adult booked into the inside room, depending on their ages. And, depending on sailing and price, you may find it to be worth the cost to book two insides and one balcony and put three kids in each of the insides and just two in the balcony; again, depends on the ages of the children involved.
I agree. You'll want to book as early as possible since I'm sure you'd want the kids across the hall or very close at hand so you can keep an eye on them.

I would look into two possibilities. I would check the price of two insides with 3 passengers per cabin and one balcony with 2 passengers in it. The second option would be one inside cabin with 4 passengers and one minisuite with 4 passengers. You may find that the 3 cabin option does not cost much more than the 2 cabin option. If that is the case, I would certainly choose 3 cabins over 2.

The insides have bunkbed syle sleeping with two lower berths and two upper berths directly above them. The standard balcony cabin quads also have bunkbed style. Only the minisuite has a roomier quad arrangement. The 3rd and 4th passengers sleep in the sitting area on a sofabed pullout for one and an upper berth directly above the sofa that recesses into the ceiling.

If you choose the 3 cabin option with the 2 adults in a standard balcony cabin, I advise a Caribe deck balcony cabin because those balconies are twice as large as other standard balconies. With 8 people, you will need a large balcony. I agree with prior posters to book early so you can get insides directly across the hall from the balcony cabin.

Archived