Who else misses getting cruise docs in the mail?

bubbles1209

So would ya have minded paying extra to get cruise docs in the mail?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. So would ya have minded paying extra to get cruise docs in the mail?

• Yes, I would pay extra..miss the doc dance
    • Nah, makes me no difference

I know it's been a while since they have mailed any out, but I still miss the feeling you got when you opened your mailbox and there they were, making everything seem so much closer and more of a reality. I would have even paid extra to have them mailed. Usually I wind up buying new ink cartridges just to print them. Never fails, I always thought it would be cheaper to pay a lil extra to get them in the mail. What about you guys, do ya miss it? Would you have paid extra? Just curious, it would be good to know I'm not the only 1 that misses those days.

considering the unreliable usps postal system we now have that is in the brink of bankrupt or whatever they are doing. As well as considering my crappy local post office i am very very glad that the edocs can be viewed online.It is more convenient for me, and it can be viewed on mobile devices too

I know it's been a while since they have mailed any out, but I still miss the feeling you got when you opened your mailbox and there they were, making everything seem so much closer and more of a reality. I would have even paid extra to have them mailed. Usually I wind up buying new ink cartridges just to print them. Never fails, I always thought it would be cheaper to pay a lil extra to get them in the mail. What about you guys, do ya miss it? Would you have paid extra? Just curious, it would be good to know I'm not the only 1 that misses those days.

Personally, i wouldn't pay extra for them. But if you really want them you can pay extra, $25, and they will send them to you. Just ask your pvp.:)

I was just thinking this the other night. I sure liked that pretty blue envelope. ;) I still have old sensation luggage tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have the blue folder that was mailed for our first cruise back in 2006.

Personally, i wouldn't pay extra for them. But if you really want them you can pay extra, $25, and they will send them to you. Just ask your pvp.:)

Wow, did not know that, thanks. Just did this outta curiosity, but this is good to know.

I miss getting the paper docs but I wouldn't pay extra for them.

Same. I wouldn't pay extra for them though. I remember our very first cruise was with RC and our documents came in a bound book with a pocket that had our printed luggage tag stickers with our name and room number. The next year the docs were in a booklet that was stapled together.

I'm fine with e-docs though. At least we're going on a cruise!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Sorry, but I would rather have them in my hand after I printed them, than waiting to see is our wonderful USPS gets them to us at all! Mailed some Birthday cards this past April and out of 6, only 2 people actually received them! Hopefully they'll get them within this century!

I really miss the documents in the mail. It was always so exciting to see them come and to know that your cruise is just around the corner. I also miss them because there is more stress added hoping your printer is in the mood to print that day and there is enough ink to make it through the printing. Also Carnival won't print from Mozzila Firefox so I have to switch to Internet Explorer.

My parents are in their 70s. My mom has never used a computer and my dad can barely use one. I take care of all their online check in and print their documents for them. I wonder about those that can't use computers and don't have anyone that can do it for them.

It was fun to see them in the mailbox. It was just another milestone to know our cruise was getting closer, kind of like "final payment" is. I received my NCL packet in the mail today for my next cruise and was smiling. RCCL also sends out luggage tags and I am always happy to see them.

We love waiting for the special envelope to come in the mail. Excitement and wonder and finally something that says Carnival Cruise ! It is that special size than can be handheld in one hand. Not those 8x11 papers stapled together.

Miss those envelopes.

I am curious, one of the posters mentioned her elderly parents and their lack of computer savvy, I was wondering what would happen if someone who did not have any access to a computer called Carnival, booked a cruise, paid by phone and waited by the mail box for the boarding pass that never came. I mean what would happen. Can they board the ship, do the forms need to be filled out on-line in advance ? They must have run into this scenario at least once. I wonder how they handled it, Hmmmm ....

Almost always cruised last minute (3-5 days before the cruise). So, I had to pickup my docs at the pier. I can't remember the last time I got docs in the mail. Probably the TROPICALE.

I figure they already scanned thEm for me. So if I lose them,etc have them in my email,on my phone,etc.....

Do you miss taking the horse to the market. :)

Do I miss taking the horse to the market? Sorry, wouldn't know anything about that 'cause I'm not that old. I have seen it done on Little House reruns though.

I wouldn't pay extra... but that being said, I do miss getting that blue envelope. It did add to the excitement ! And even though I knew everything that was in it, I would still read it all over again... silly.... As the cruise got closer and I knew it was time for those docs to come, I would find myself sitting outside watching for the mailman!

I miss the documents but not enough to pay extra. In the 80's we got them in a plastic blue folder with luggage tags tucked in the pockets then in the 90's the paper stapled together things. Times change and so must we! Doesn't mean we can't think fondly of something we liked without ridicule.

I am new to Carnival and didn't realize that you had to print them out. So, does that include luggage tags too??? Do you just use wide shipping tape to keep them on your luggage?? I don't mind printing:) I just don't want to screw it up, lol...

Archived