Diamong Lounge

Does anyone have a list of ships which currently have a Diamond Lounge? Or can you point to this information on their website? Thanks

Oasis and Allure along with Freedom, Independence and Liberty.

Radiance, Rhapsody and Splendour and Marianer recently had DL's added during their refit program.

This also might help http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=royal_advantage_main&cid=int_0012

Does anyone have a list of ships which currently have a Diamond Lounge? Or can you point to this information on their website? Thanks

All Oasis and Freedom class ships. Radiance, Splendour, Rhapsody, Mariner, and Grandeur in June.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does that include complimentary cocktails?

Yes...a true dedicated Diamond Lounge has the same amenties as the CL...it's only on ships without a Diamond Lounge where a Diamond EVENT is held that there is a noticable difference...as in no snacks other than trail mix...and the only free drinks are wine, soda & champagne....

Yes...a true dedicated Diamond Lounge has the same amenties as the CL...it's only on ships without a Diamond Lounge where a Diamond EVENT is held that there is a noticable difference...as in no snacks other than trail mix...and the only free drinks are wine, soda & champagne....
The amenities may be the same, but their quality isn't necessarily the same, particularly when it comes to hors douvres/petit fours.

The amenities may be the same, but their quality isn't necessarily the same, particularly when it comes to hors douvres/petit fours.

I'm hoping that the CL and DL perks are the same, but I'm still concerned after my call to RCCL. She read me the info for the Rhapsody and the DL description did not say anything about complimentary drinks and the info sheet for the CL did include the bar service. I know that the Oasis DL lounge did have wine and seemed very similar to the CL (which we obviously prefered). Has anyone actually been in one of the "revitalized" ship's DL?

I'm hoping that the CL and DL perks are the same, but I'm still concerned after my call to RCCL. She read me the info for the Rhapsody and the DL description did not say anything about complimentary drinks and the info sheet for the CL did include the bar service. I know that the Oasis DL lounge did have wine and seemed very similar to the CL (which we obviously prefered). Has anyone actually been in one of the "revitalized" ship's DL?

Yes, we were on Rhapsody this past June, and we mostly used the CL, but did try the DL once. The snacks and drinks were the same as far as I could tell.

Yes, we were on Rhapsody this past June, and we mostly used the CL, but did try the DL once. The snacks and drinks were the same as far as I could tell.

Thank you! We're trying to decide between a GS and the aft corner JS which looks like it has an awesome balcony. Making the list of pros and cons - 2 sinks in the BR and use of the CL or wrap around balcony and DL. I'm so blessed to have such problems ;)

DL is DL, I understand that. I must say that Freedoms DLs are fantastic. We LOVE all the windows and since we have always had the late seating for dinner, we usually watch the sunset in there.

I am a bit concerned about the DL on Allure, we will be sailing on her for our first time in May 2013.

We were on the Rhapsody for the 11-night April 30, 2012 cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver (after revitalization) and the perks (breakfast, coffee machines, evening drinks, and hous d'oeuvres) were exactly the same in both lounges. During that cruise, we enjoyed the Diamond lounge more because the Concierge lounge was mostly empty after main seating (at 6:00 pm) and the Diamond lounge was more lively all day. Enjoy your cruise! :)

--Steve

DL is DL, I understand that. I must say that Freedoms DLs are fantastic. We LOVE all the windows and since we have always had the late seating for dinner, we usually watch the sunset in there.

I am a bit concerned about the DL on Allure, we will be sailing on her for our first time in May 2013.

I'll assume the DL is in the same location as on Oasis. It's a terrific spot overlooking the Royal Promenade with some seating out on a balcony. We found the atmosphere quite enjoyable. However, the CL is a magnificent room with two story windows that overlook the boardwalk and down toward the aqua theatre. People and parade watching from the DL is terrific!

The perks of the DL on Allure are identical to the perks of the DL's on other ships. The actual venue is small, compared to the amount of people who might want to use it on Oasis/Allure. That is why they open up the lounge on deck 4 (Blaze) during the evening cocktail hour.

Note that while the DL on Oasis/Allure may have identical perks to the DL/CL on other ships, it does not compare to the CL on Oasis/Allure. The CL on Oasis/Allure is in a class by itself, with made to order breakfast and lunch, including beer at lunch.

The perks of the DL on Allure are identical to the perks of the DL's on other ships. The actual venue is small, compared to the amount of people who might want to use it on Oasis/Allure. That is why they open up the lounge on deck 4 (Blaze) during the evening cocktail hour.

Note that while the DL on Oasis/Allure may have identical perks to the DL/CL on other ships, it does not compare to the CL on Oasis/Allure. The CL on Oasis/Allure is in a class by itself, with made to order breakfast and lunch, including beer at lunch.

You're right...I was only thinking about cocktail hour. Being able to order lunch right after embarkation was an awesome perk!

I could never understand this difference. The Diamond Event is in a separated area of the ship. Everyone who enters has to show a seapass. Why can't they serve the same kind of drinks at a Diamond event that they do when there is a dedicated diamond lounge? They do if you pay for them.

Why are Diamond members treated differently because of the ship they chose to sail?

I wish someone would explain this somewhat discriminatory practice.

Why are Diamond members treated differently because of the ship they chose to sail?

discriminatory practice -you are kidding-right???

I could never understand this difference. The Diamond Event is in a separated area of the ship. Everyone who enters has to show a seapass. Why can't they serve the same kind of drinks at a Diamond event that they do when there is a dedicated diamond lounge? They do if you pay for them.

The Diamond Event was the "olive branch" extended by RCL when Diamonds lost the use of the CL...I personally appreciated the Diamond event on ships with no DL...in the past if a ship had no CL you received nothing...now at least you can get a free soda & mingle with other diamonds...

Archived