chefs table

We're on the Jade and Spirit next summer and plan on doing at least 1 Chefs Table. One of our friends had this on the Gem this year and just raved about the food and service and it was well worth every "nickel and dime" lol.

If at all possible , did you keep the menu or at least remember what was on it.

Thanks.

cheers...the Ump...:D

We did keep the menu! It was 9 courses with the main course Chilean sea bass followed by veal chop. All wine was Included and paired with each course. It truly was a wonderful time. We met a lot of wonderful fellow cruisers. The table was limited to 12 people. On this longer cruise they are having the chefs table twice. We signed up the minute we checked in.

We did keep the menu! It was 9 courses with the main course Chilean sea bass followed by veal chop. All wine was Included and paired with each course. It truly was a wonderful time. We met a lot of wonderful fellow cruisers. The table was limited to 12 people. On this longer cruise they are having the chefs table twice. We signed up the minute we checked in.

thanks you for the survey instead of the pics. it was realy helpful

We recently did the Chefs Table on the Jewel and it was surperb...:D:D..Much better than Princess and less money...

We have done Chefs Table on Princess twice - loved it both times We will want to do it in Dec on the Jewel - what are the differences between NCL and Princess? How much is the NCL Chefs Table per person cost?

Thanks.

We have done Chefs Table on Princess twice - loved it both times We will want to do it in Dec on the Jewel - what are the differences between NCL and Princess? How much is the NCL Chefs Table per person cost?

Thanks.

NCL is $75 pp, Princess is now $95...The part we liked the most about NCL is the dinner is held in Le Bistro not in the MDR like Princess. It's much more intimate . The NCL kitchen tour is held on a different day not right before the dinner...NCL does not give you a cookbook....no biggie for us since we already have 5 from Princess... :D...NCL does give a personal and group picture..

• 1 month later...

The menu is the same on all NCL ships. You also get a chef signed menu. There are multiple postings of the menu on this website. One was posted yesterday or day before if you want to search. I'm sure OP will post one when s/he returns.

Best money I ever spent! We signed up on the Sky 4-day.....fan-tabulous! My only complaint....by the time I got the to veal chop, I was too full to do much besides taste it! :( But I sure was able to make room for that lucious dessert!!:o

I'll be on the Jewel in 80 days....and you can bet the first thing I'm going to do is sign up for it again!!;)

NCL is $75 pp, Princess is now $95...The part we liked the most about NCL is the dinner is held in Le Bistro not in the MDR like Princess. It's much more intimate . The NCL kitchen tour is held on a different day not right before the dinner...NCL does not give you a cookbook....no biggie for us since we already have 5 from Princess... :D...NCL does give a personal and group picture..

I agree it is a shame that Princess upped it to 95.00. When we were on the Ocean Princess last Aug our chef"s table was held in the Sterling Steakhouse. It was intimate & glad it was not held in the MDR this added to the ambiance.

Best money I ever spent! We signed up on the Sky 4-day.....fan-tabulous! My only complaint....by the time I got the to veal chop, I was too full to do much besides taste it! :( But I sure was able to make room for that lucious dessert!!:o

I'll be on the Jewel in 80 days....and you can bet the first thing I'm going to do is sign up for it again!!;)

hehe, you need to take really small portions of everything to have room for more! And yes, there's always room for dessert!

It was 9 courses with the main course Chilean sea bass followed by veal chop.

I would do this in a heartbeat if it didn't use a fish that is on the Monterrey Aquarium watch list (avoid due to overfishing and mercury) and veal (I don't love the taste and cringe a bit at killing young animals just for our delight). They could make one of the proteins less objectionable, IMHO.

It was 9 courses with the main course Chilean sea bass followed by veal chop.

I would do this in a heartbeat if it didn't use a fish that is on the Monterrey Aquarium watch list (avoid due to overfishing and mercury) and veal (I don't love the taste and cringe a bit at killing young animals just for our delight). They could make one of the proteins less objectionable, IMHO.

So do you eat eggs ?? , just wondering.

I'm not reading anyone the riot act for eating veal or NCL for serving it. I just have a hard time doing it, personally. And I know I'm not the only one. I'm fine with them serving it, I just wish there was one less-contentious option.

And eggs don't cry or scream. It's not exactly a horrific thing to think about when I eat an egg.

Hi,

We'll be on the Epic this December (not in a suite this time). Do we sign up for the Chef's Table at the restaurant table or at the main guest services desk?

Thanks.

Kathy

If your in a suite, with the Concierge before you board. If not, at the restaurant desk on boarding or soon thereafter.

Archived