Pics from new Enchantment Mid section

Those are great pics..it really is amazing how they do that!! :eek: We are sailing on July 11...right after the maiden voyage! I think our room is in the new section...YEAH!!! Thank you for those pics! :D

An amazing process, but after looking at how long the section is, it seems like a lot of work to add what appears to be only 8 outside cabins worth of length. If you are going to go through all of this, why not make it longer?

I understand what you are saying....But it looks to me like 16 OV,and at least 6

balconies??

I think what they are doing,is making a detatchable section.They put all the complainers in this area.If they get out of hand...They just float that section out!:D

I was on the NCL Wind after it's stretch and there were plenty of problems!

They didn't upgrade the plumbing pneumatics and we had constant bathroom problems in about 1/3 of the cabins. At one point it was so bad that crew members said there was up to 6 inches of standing waste water in the lower crew decks and no one had toilet service for a few hours one day. It also really messed up the passenger flow around the stretch portion.

I know NCL has done a few of these, and so far no problems....HOW LONG does it take to complete the entire process????

TM

About six weeks.

An amazing process, but after looking at how long the section is, it seems like a lot of work to add what appears to be only 8 outside cabins worth of length. If you are going to go through all of this, why not make it longer?

Any longer and the ship would not fit inside the Panama Canal locks. Just like like there are width constraints when building ships that will traverse the canal, there are limits as to how long a ship can be and still fit inside the locks.

There are just 2 of us this time. We are celebrating our 20 year wedding anniversary. Normally we take our kids but not this time. We are from Northern Wi. Ever hear of Hayward?

Anyway I have traveled extensively with my boys (19 & 15) I'd be happy to help answer any questions you have.

Patty

I think what they are doing,is making a detatchable section.They put all the complainers in this area.If they get out of hand...They just float that section out!:D

Much cheaper to install trapdoors at the purser's desk that drop straight into the water!!:D

I just made final payment for my Enchantment cruise in July and my TA told me that she was invited to Amsterdam to watch them put in the new section! I did offer to be her personal bag carrier, but she declined!

She promised to show us the pictures when she gets back. What a great experience for her.

Nice count, but I´m sure there will be cabins on the other side too.:D

funny:p !!

Ok...what I meant..was...well...I am not sure what I meant.It seemed to me that the person(fairsailing) I was talking about was only counting about 1 row of 8 windows( per side) while I see two rows of 8...which I assume is one row of 8 OV's and then another row above that.Then above that...What looks to me would be at least 6 balconies,possible 8...and possibly 2 rows of Balconies..

(makes sense yes) decks 4 & 5 are OV's and & 7&8 are balconies..??

so if that is 6 balconies..That would be 28 rooms (per side)...

Then again...maybe I mis-understood FS...and I as usual,am spouting off about something which I know nothing about...:rolleyes: :)

Archived