Automatic Tips?

hihello

I always adjust my tips. I work hard for my money, why shouldn't I tip as I see fit?

I should add we adjust ours...by tipping extra. LOL. I receive poor service, I don't tip extra. I receive great service and I reward it with extra cash. IMO the standard tip is the minimum.

Same as I would never tip below 15% in a restaurant even when service is horrid.

Ur opinion means nothing to me.

How can you have any idea what kind of person I am just because I stated I remove auto tips?

I'm pretty sure your a little judgmental!

No, I am alot judgemental.

Ur opinion means nothing to me.

How can you have any idea what kind of person I am just because I stated I remove auto tips?

I'm pretty sure your a little judgmental!

Uhm....in your original post, you were the one that stated to "flame on".......

Here's my two cents :) I usually just keep my auto tips on out of convenience, unless there's some reason to adjust up or down (only been done 1 or 2 times in 20+ cruises). BUT I must share that my ex-husband and SEVERAL of our friends worked on cruise ships and they much prefer CASH tips! They are not allowed to say this to passengers though.

But would they prefer a LOWER amount in cash to a higher amount left on your S&S? Thats what most people mean when they say they remove tips. I think they actually reported on this, and decided that those who remove tips, tip less in general. Not always, but the majority who remove tips. Thats why they make a list of who removes tips... because they know these people are going to tip less.

I take off the autotip. I don't believe in automatically tipping or tipping because I am "supposed" to tip. If I get great service I will tip alot (~25%) if I get bad service I will tip nothing. Its a TIP, not something all people in service are entitled to. If the argument is that the workers don't get paid a good base salary, that is a employer/employee issue, I don't set/accept these salaries.

I don't know what's more ridiculous, your statement about me or the fact you have a "cruise god".

I could care less who pays in cash and who keeps their tips on. I clearly stated my opinion of why I remove mine and pay in cash.

Really it just shows how ignorant you to have made such a statement without knowing anything about me. :)

Your posts on here have revealed enough to me to know that I would prefer to not be around you on a cruise. It has nothing to do with your method of tipping.

My DS asked the room steward how much he makes, and he stated $1,000 a month. My DS who is 14 felt bad because he said "mom they work so hard." We chose to give him extra bc he did a fantastic job. Everytime he saw us he called us by our first name.

Can anyone tell me if they charge full amount for children? We will have a GC with us. We keep EVERYTHING picked up so Steward does not have to pick up before he cleans. We do this when we sail alone and will do so with child added.

We will gladly pay what they recommend, with extra added at end. (We ALWAYS add at end for steward and wait staff). Just wondering how to budget.

I sometimes travel with a friend who is on the entertainment staff this gave us access to the crew lounge they were discussing that if you remove your tip then tip your waiter steward in cash lets say the steward would get 25 for a 7 day cruise and you give him 35 he has to put the 25 back in the pool

Can anyone tell me if they charge full amount for children? We will have a GC with us. We keep EVERYTHING picked up so Steward does not have to pick up before he cleans. We do this when we sail alone and will do so with child added.

We will gladly pay what they recommend, with extra added at end. (We ALWAYS add at end for steward and wait staff). Just wondering how to budget.

Children under two are not charged gratuity on Carnival from what I recall.

Archived