Pearl Alaska sailings question for those returning

jamminlion

Curious about those of you who are returning from the Pearl Alaska sailing what the coupons books are like that are given out in the terminal?

Are they available?

Anything worth anything in them?

What are the good deals?

How much space to I need to leave in my luggage?

Thanks much!

Curious about those of you who are returning from the Pearl Alaska sailing what the coupons books are like that are given out in the terminal?

Are they available?

What are the good deals?

Thanks much!

Our last Alaska cruise was a year ago - have another booked this August - but I don't remember any coupon books being given out in the terminals.

I will say this, in general, about the store coupons given at the terminals and on ship: most, in my opinion, are gimmicks to get you into the stores who use them. The "freebies" offered are generally low quality, cheap items, and once you're in the store asking for them, then the hard sell begins.

We saw some coupons books lying around in the Seattle terminal (May 20 departure). They seemed to have been discarded so we assumed they were of little value. But we're probably not ones to judge because we spent all of $11 on souvenirs in the various ports.

Thanks much!

I hope they still have them. Three years ago they had a coupon for a free souvenir coin in each port. My 9 yr old loved going to each port just so he could collect them. Of course I had to listen to a sale speech, but I didn't mind. My son thought they were worth a fortune.

Happy Sailing

Debbie

:)

Are they available?

What are the good deals?

Thanks much!

It is worth picking up the book to see if there is something of interest to you in it. We used the coupons for free shipping from the Tongass (sp) Trading Co. in Ketchikan and a couple of other items, so it was worth it to us. Cut down on the weight of the luggage coming home.

We just got off the ship:(:(:( and we didn't get a book when we got on. They took us straight to the VIP area. Did not think about the books till we got to Ketchikan.

But all is good had a great trip with mostly nice weather.

There was someone handing out the coupon books just before you go through the security check. We didn't use any of the coupons. (we're not big shoppers and we had general ideas or plans already for excursions). I believe they also hand out coupons/gift vouchers at the port talks--can someone confirm this? I didn't go to any of those talks, but at the ports we stopped, I saw lots of signs at store entrances about redeeming the gift certificates/vouchers. I have a feeling you could simply say you left yours on the ship... as those signs were plentiful.

Archived