SeaTac Hotel-LateNite Arrival+next day Cruise

Seamo

Hi ,

We fly in late (7:50pm-Friday night) the day before the cruise. Did this flight because no Plane change and least air-time 7+hrs. Have a b2b2b and don't want baggage nightmare(s).:eek:

So thought: it may be best to get a SeaTac Hotel and a fast dinner then attempt ... some sleepies ... and take on the journey to Pier 66 next morning. ... Drop bags + go off to see Seattle (a bit-anyways).:rolleyes:

Can we ask for some help choosing a "good" hotel (clean)--- that would, at the same time ...might make ... the next morning connections .... less hassle.?

We aren't sure about : 1)hotel --2)shuttles/airport and 3)good way to make it to Pier 66.

Know a bit about cabs, light rail and ExpressShuttle from SeaTac to Pier (or Westlake station) or a near by hotel. Are there shuttles going to the Pier 66??

Thanks for any info AND open to any and all ADVICE ...thanks ............. :)Seamo:)

Most of the major hotels are located near the airport and have shuttles as well. Don't know the hours of the shuttles probably varies . I think most stop between 11PM and 4AM.

Can't answer about transportation to pier.

Most hotels around the airport offer shuttle service to/from the airport 24/7.

If you want to sightsee a bit in the morning, you can either take a taxi from your hotel to pier 66, for about $45-$50 or take the Shuttle Express cruise transfer service to the pier. I think it's $20pp and leaves every 1/2 hr. http://www.shuttleexpress.com/cruises

If you can manage your luggage easily you can take the light rail from SeaTac to downtown. It's a 10 minute walk to the light rail station. But the fare is great, $2.75 pp for 30 minutes. Then take a cab from Westlake Center to the pier $10-$15.

For a hotel you might want to try priceline. Check the STICKY at the top of the page to see if there are any recent bids. Otherwise the major chains are out there ... try Expedia and see what looks interesting. I've seen the Red Roof mentioned a few times lately as a good price.

If you want to sightsee, why not find a reasonably priced room in Seattle? It's only a 30 minute drive from the airport so it won't add that much time to your evening and would provide an easier start for sightseeing the next morning. Check the STICKY. OR look at hotels around the Seattle Center/Space Needle area. These hotels are usually a bit cheaper because they're a mile from the downtown core, but the monorail is just a few blocks away so it's not an inconvenient location. A taxi from the Seattle Center to the pier will be about $15.

I second the recommendation for Sleep Inn Seatac. We've stayed there three times before and after our AK cruises. 24 hour airport shuttle, free continental breakfast that is quite good, large clean rooms, an IHOP across the parking lot to meet your meal concern, and free computers for guest use in the lobby. We always book our shuttle to pick us up at the hotel and take us directly to the pier where we board immediately (its either Shuttle Express or Seattle Express, can't remember which, sorry.:o $12 per person last year). But if you want to do some sightseeing in Seattle, maybe you can take a cab to the pier, drop off your luggage, then go back into Seattle for some sightseeing. Or if you stay at Sleep Inn, their shuttle will also take you to the nearest Light Rail station. Take the light rail over to Seattle for some sightseeing in the AM, then go back and grab a cab and your luggage and head to the pier.

We have a group traveling in July to Seattle precruise. We are looking forward to our stay at the Sleep Inn. We plan to use the light link rail to go downtown for one day and are using the shuttle express for our trip to the pier. Sleep Inn has had good reviews and the price is right. Good luck.

Have stayed at a few different places at seatac. all have airport shuttles. I have got excellent prices at the doubletree, seatac, and the hilton conference centre, seatac with priceline recently. ( Both across the street from the airport)

I'm going to offer my opinion as a local. The Sleep Inn is perhaps fine but much farther south of the airport, and while some people may enjoy it, its even a little more remote than the rest of the main airport hotels. I just took light rail from Seatac yesterday. The Raddison, Coast Gateway, Doubletree, Hilton and Marriott are very close by. I wouldn't suggest the airport as a central area for Seattle sightseeing. Yes it can be done but its not going to be as convenient as being downtown.

From the Sleep Inn you'd spend about 5-10 minutes getting a shuttle to the station, then 37 minutes to downtown. Perhaps not a big deal to some. If your trying to save some money may I suggest you use Hotwire and look for 4star airport hotels at seatac only. They give you the price ahead of time so you can compare. $89 will get you lots of place a lot more conveneint to restaraunts etc. Also look at hotelcoupons.com They often have promos for Marriott Courtyard. Remember that some of the 'airport'

hotels may be near Southcenter Mall which would be better for food but perhaps not as great for getting to downtown. While they will all have a shuttle. If you have a question about a specific hotel try posting a question on tripadvisor.com on the Seattle forum.

Also if your on Pier 66 I saw NCL very aggessively pushing people to take the 'airport shuttle' for only $25 per person while a cab should have been only about $32 per cab. From Pier 91 a cab would be close to $50 so be alert to see if its really cost effective.

Hello and so many thanks for all the Help!!!:):)

Got a nice, helpful reply from Hobbit on the other post board

and am gaining confidence .... that we can make some "good decisions" here .... about our late, short, un-timely

visit to Seattle before our b2b2b .... maybe worrying about the luggage was not the

Best thing .... but the thought of 29 days in the " SAME UNDIES" (she just "added that", ... over my shoulder,) ....

"without" was just too much to us.... so we went with the later flight and the

"no plane change"....??? Been on a cruise with a couple who never / ever got they're bags ... was still a "good" trip for them

but .......??????????

______________ ______________ _______________-

So now.. atleast at this "minute" ..... we are thinking ........

1) 8pm SeaTac (get at Hotel NOW --ASAP-- EAT--Sleep(maybe)

2) Take Light Rail ... next am to Westlake .. cab to Pier 66

3) give up the bags

4) head out to .... ???see,see,seattle??? yeh like in 3/4 hours ..

oh .... the extreme NEED to WIN the LOTTERY. Yes???

So, now we are circling in on "which" SeaTac Hotel is the ..

"oh, oh,.. you are the only one ... oh, oh"

well you get the idea ...??? yeah we are getting exciting and so Happy about this trip ... well we sound like ...

oh ..oh.. this is The One .. oh ..oh

anyways, thank you ALL and any extra info is

super appreciated ...........:)seamo

3) give up the bags

You could actually put 3-4 hours to good use after dropping bags at Pier 66. Pike Place Market is a reasonable walk, especially if you take the elevator up from the waterfront level to the Market (directions are here). Or you could walk along the waterfront--north, to the Olympic Sculpture Park, or south towards the Seattle Aquarium and lots of touristy shops and restaurants.

Got a nice, helpful reply from Hobbit on the other post board

and am gaining confidence .... that we can make some "good decisions" here .... about our late, short, un-timely

visit to Seattle before our b2b2b .... maybe worrying about the luggage was not the

Best thing .... but the thought of 29 days in the " SAME UNDIES" (she just "added that", ... over my shoulder,) ....

"without" was just too much to us.... so we went with the later flight and the

"no plane change"....??? Been on a cruise with a couple who never / ever got they're bags ... was still a "good" trip for them

but .......??????????

______________ ______________ _______________-

3) give up the bags

So, now we are circling in on "which" SeaTac Hotel is the ..

"oh, oh,.. you are the only one ... oh, oh"

well you get the idea ...??? yeah we are getting exciting and so Happy about this trip ... well we sound like ...

oh ..oh.. this is The One .. oh ..oh

anyways, thank you ALL and any extra info is

super appreciated ...........:)seamo

\

I just picked up people at pier 66 this last wknd. You have really no worries at all since 66 is in downtown vs Pier 91. Stay at any airport hotel. Personally I'd use Seattle Shuttle to take you direct to Pier 66. Check in, and get rid of luggage. Your virtually right on the waterfront and walking distance to EVerything. Go to the market or take the route 99 bus for free. You have an enviable problem. Coming in late and staying at the airport and leaving from Pier 66 is ideal for you. There is the aquarium, Harbor cruises, lots of restaraunts right next to Pier 66. You can also walk to the Sculpture Park near Pier 91. So many choices, you needn't worry at all. The shuttle however is so reasonable about $12-14 its way easier than the rail and cab combo. You'll even have time to do laundry. Have fun

____ Hi, _____

Appreciate that advice. You are wonderful help and more important ... make us feel so "special" .... being here at CC. Thank You.

shuttle however is so reasonable about $12-14 its way easier than the rail and cab combo. You'll even have time to do laundry. Have fun
..Dan G

You could actually put 3-4 hours to good use after dropping bags at Pier 66. Pike Place Market is a reasonable walk, especially if you take the elevator up from the waterfront level to the Market (directions are here). Or you could walk along the waterfront--north, to the Olympic Sculpture Park, or south towards the Seattle Aquarium and lots of touristy shops and restaurants.
.. Casagordita

O.K. you got this .. coming ....kiss/kiss

and roaring thankies :):):rolleyes::rolleyes:

,....:)Seamo:)

ok one more hint for you. If you call one of the flat rate cabs they will pick you up and take you right to the dock for $28. That is the rate from Seatac itself but adjoining hotels should be the same rate. Check out"

flatrateforhire.com

Just put in the zip code you want (I used 98121 for pier 66) and it showed a $28 fare door to door. They have 200 cabs and its per car and since they don't meter by time its a great deal.

Katie Lou,

Double Tree is just at the intersection of roads in/out of SeaTrac (the google map makes it look like a great spot.). We also

are looking at Red Lion and and Sleep Inn. Dan G said the Sleep Inn is a little further south and we are getting used to the idea of quick in/eat/sleep/go66 in am via flat rate cab, so Double tree is ahead down the stretch .....

Can we ask 'why' you liked the Double Tree??

thanks, :)seamo:)

Double tree is a major hotel with onsite restaraunt and Bar. There are a few restaraunts you can walk to from here as well as the light rail station. Sleep Inn is a motel next to a Kenworth Truck Factory with an IHOP. I think you get the idea.

But if you're just sleeping there and leaving the next morning to head over to the pier, seems to me the Sleep Inn would be a better fit at a cheaper price? Sleep Inn has all the necessities, is very clean and spacious, and provides free airport shuttle - ticks each item off the OP's list. Why spend more for the Doubletree if it isn't necessary? JMHO.

just as a means of comparison I looked on Hotwire.com for a weekend in June and they show two 3 and 4 stars at Seatac with brkfst and shuttle, for $82 which I'm sure is a Holiday Inn or better. Either would be a nicer stay than a Sleep Inn. Hotwire works great for this sort of thing.

I worked in management in a company in the two tower building across the street from SeaTac Airport for 10 years, so I was in on hearing all concerns of the area. Be Careful when walking around on this street and Don't after dark! The hotels themselves are safe, but the streets and parking lots are not.

I would like to suggest a hidden gem that is about 8 blocks away and has a 4 star restaurant in their lobby. It is called Cedarbrook, free shuttle from the airport, fabulous walking trails, the rooms and beds are incredible, are located in a series of 3 story "lodges" on the property which is in a nice residencial neighborhood. Each lodge has a living gathering area with kitchen area with free beverages, snacks and ice cream, couches, arm chairs and TV. Last time I looked rates were $150

I have stayed here several times

We decided to stay close to the airport also - going with Cedarbrook Lodge - check it out (on their website and Trip Advisor website) - free airport shuttle and they will call for a towncar the next morning for the trip to the cruiseport (at your expense, of course). Looks like they have a nice restaurant.

We bid with Priceline for Sea-Tac area and got the Hilton, across the street from the airport. Nice rooms, and an excellent (though not inexpensive restaurant. If you're late night people, going into town for a hotel isn't a bad idea. Of course, if you have time to spend in the city on your return, less of an incentive.

Hello everyone,

Hey we really enjoy reading and then considering all your responses. Thank you for these options.

__ Our flight arrives at 8:00pm --after 7 1/4 hours fly-time.

No meals on plane, other than what we bring on board

(after security) in the very beginning ___ but that is 3:45pm Eastern ... so a ' high-end dinner ' might not work , especially if we are starting at 9 -- 9:30pm ish. So a lite bite may end up the best choice and maybe a few Vodkas for sleeping purposes:);):)

So ... we seem to be leaning in towards ... Seatac Doubletree or a Priceline/Hotwire name the price???

We get to use an $80 Discover bonus that goes $100 .. on travelocity-- so we would get Doubletree for $116.50 or $96.50 real dollars. included are all fees + tax.

A ... 'name my price' might get a Hilton for $85 + fees and tax ..... so what do you folks think ???

Don't think we will be strolling the neighborhood either --

If easy Early Sleep is doable .. that would help in getting the next morning off with a early start to the Pier.

Our cruise ends in Miami so we will miss a lot of Seattle,

as we are compacted to a few hours touring on embark day.

Again, thanks ... to you, all, ... for these great helpful informs ...

:) Seamo :)

We decided to stay close to the airport also - going with Cedarbrook Lodge - check it out (on their website and Trip Advisor website) - free airport shuttle and they will call for a towncar the next morning for the trip to the cruiseport (at your expense, of course). Looks like they have a nice restaurant.

wonderful hotel and restaurant. You will like it.

Previously....

we stayed at the Hilton Seattle Airport pre-cruise because we too had a late flight. Hotel was clean and decent. They had a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The next day we scheduled a car service (we had 6 people, so this was more affordable than the shuttle) to take us and our luggage to Pier 66.

Upcoming cruise...

We are staying at the Embassy Suites Seattle Airport because the Hilton was booked and were flying in late again. They also have a free airport to hotel shuttle. We are then using a car service again to get 4 people and luggage from the hotel to Pier 66. Car services are nice and easy, generally cheaper than a taxi for 3+ people.

Archived