New Ship Names...?

spencercoop

Royals new class of upcoming ships are the sunshine class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know that yet. It is called Project Sunshine. Just like the Oasis was called Project Genesis, but the class is the Oasis class not the Genesis class. Very little has been released about Project Sunshine, so we don't know ship names or class name.

When I heard they were introducing the Carnival Sunshine, my first response was that I'd be embarrassed to sail on it. What's next the Carnival Rainbow and Carnival Unicorn? Splash and Sunrise aren't much better. It's like a 6th grader is now naming the ships. LOL.

Those CEO's get younger and younger.:D

I think people would easily get Sunrise and Sunshine mixed up.

When I'm on a cruise and hear the word "Sunrise" it's normally preceded by "Tequila". No confusion there, unless you've had one too many.:D

Maybe the kids took over during the 'Take Your Kid to Work' day?:p

There you go! That must be it!

Those CEO's get younger and younger.:D

LOL. Even younger than Zuckerman!

When I'm on a cruise and hear the word "Sunrise" it's normally preceded by "Tequila". No confusion there, unless you've had one too many.:D

I believe only one person said they wouldn't sail on Carival because of the new names. Must of are just saying the new names are stupid. I can't imagine telling my friends "I'm off to board the Sunshine!" :rolleyes: But, if it had the itinerary I was looking for, I'd book. I just wouldn't mention the ridiculous ship name. :o

• 4 months later...
Did anyone participate in the RCCL name a ship contest 7-8 years ago? I gave them the recommendation of Symphony and Serendipity.

Yep...I did, my hubby and I were one of 6 semi finalists. I still keep in touch with most of the others too. We won a trip to England and the pre-inaugural cruise on Independence OTS. There sure was a lot of grumbling about the names then too...we picked Oasis and Utopia. It worked for us. :D

BUT, I just realized how old this thread is....LOL my bad. PPSS, it was 2008, so only 4 years ago.

• 8 months later...

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would post it here.

On June 14th, Carnival filed a trademark for the name Carnival Vista.

Could it be the name for the 2016 ship? It seems very likely that it would be.

The ship names just keep getting worse...and worse....and worse.

I love all the ship names from Magic on down. Some of my favorites include Conquest, Triumph, Victory, Destiny, Magic, Dream Legend, and Spirit. Everything from Breeze onward has just been terrible to me. Sunshine? Splash? Sunrise? Vista?

SMH. They need to have a ship naming contest like RCI and NCL did. They obviously need some help.

Wasn't Vista a bad Microsoft windows version after XP and before Windows 7 & 8....

everyone hated Vista... it was terrible.

Doesn't matter what the name of the ship is. I choose my cruises off of slightly more important criteria. Maybe some of you should reconsider your priorities. Better idea though would be don't change and just stay away....

Now all they have to do is add the word deck beside Vista. Wow there really hit the nail on the head with this one :p:D

Doesn't matter what the name of the ship is. I choose my cruises off of slightly more important criteria. Maybe some of you should reconsider your priorities. Better idea though would be don't change and just stay away....

Get over yourself.

I'm almost positive no one is going to refuse to sail a ship because they hate the name. I loathe the name Breeze but I am very excited about sailing her next month.

I'm not sure if you're aware but it IS okay to dislike a ship name :rolleyes:

Get over yourself.

I'm almost positive no one is going to refuse to sail a ship because they hate the name. I loathe the name Breeze but I am very excited about sailing her next month.

I'm not sure if you're aware but it IS okay to dislike a ship name :rolleyes:

Sometimes, I wish they would just put S H I P across the back of EVERY ship.

I have only heard the name Vista in the Windows program and in the case of the Vista Balcony..I am in touch with the "beards" in CCL and I can say that Vista was not on the list for the 2016 new build but yes Sunrise and Splash are..

Archived