Ncl Or Carnival?

LMA5876

Am looking to take a cruise in February 2006 in the Caribbean with my husband and 15 and 13 year old daughters. Looking for suggestions and comments on which cruiseline would be the best. Thank You!

If your taking your teenage kids with you, I would suggest Royal Caribbean's Voyager style ships. They have the rock climbing walls, skating rinks, etc that the kids love and alot of other activities that your teens will enjoy. Remember, when your kids are happy, you are happy.

Do you know your date for February?? I got a group cruise heading out on February 12th - Valentines day week.

click on my banner under my post to get pricing and information. If you want two cabins for all 4 of you... I am sure that you could still get deposits of 25.00 pp down.

Of your two options, I'd suggest Carnival. Your teens will find lots of others on board, there's plenty for them to do and it is a fun, upbeat experience. For teens, the Glory is excellent because it has a nice area with arcade & dance club for them. Carnival is a great choice for many cruisers.

But, like other posts here, I'd also consider Royal Caribbean's Voyager class ships. They are wonderful, have so much for kids, and the atmosphere is a little classier.

LMA --

Your title said NCL or Carnival? Then everybody told you to take the teens on RCI. RCI is a good line for teens & has lots of activities.

Between the 2 lines you asked about, it depends on what you want. Compare the itineraries. Do you want to go to those places? Does one look more interesting?

Compare price. Don't forget to factor in the transportation costs. A cheap cruise is no bargain if you have to pay double for air fare. Your from MA, so you could arguably drive to NY. Does that change the equation for you.

NCL has something called freestyle cruising. It's always resort casual although can dress up if you want. Dinner is like on land -- whenever you want at the size table you want. Carnival has traditional dining: you eat at 1 of 2 dining times at an assigned table possibly with strangers (Who may grow to become friends. :) )

What ever you chose, have fun.

Archived