Lido Deck Cabin, Pros and Cons?

jarand

We are considering changing from our 7th deck interior cabin to a Lido Deck interior cabin on the Carnival Breeze. It's $140 more, but we're attracted to the proximity of the pool and Marketplace.

The specific cabins are interior 10280-10289. These are located between the pool section and the Atrium. Any experience on just how noisy these cabins will really be?

Thanks!

We had a lido cabin on the conquest and it was perfect. No noise, perfect location. We are booked in a cove on the magic but im seriously considering moving to a balcony on the lido. Id do it in a heartbeat for $140, ours is a little more unfortunately.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If I were you, I would absolutely stay in the deck 7 interior. Deck 7 is right between everything, very centrally located. Lido deck is close to the pools/slides/buffet, but you are also putting yourself far away from the dining rooms/theater/nighttime entertainment venues. Of course, if you don't plan on going to any shows or other entertainment or the dining rooms, I would certainly say to move up to the lido deck. I like doing everything, but I do like the sun and the waterslides a little more. Even so, if I'm going to be close to one and far away from the other, I would prefer being down on deck 2, very close to the other things, as opposed to being up closer to the sun & slides. The convenience to the dining rooms & night-time entertainment is a bigger deal to me than convenience to the pools/waterslides/buffet.

So for the previous poster, if you're anything like me, you would absolutely prefer your deck 2 cove far more than a deck 10 balcony. The coves are close to the water, slightly larger, and the deck 10 balcony will look down onto the lanai, which takes away from the feeling a cruise balcony is supposed to give you. Deck 2 is so perfect for getting on & off the ship in port, and during debarkation (elevators are a pain in the butt during debarkation). Deck 2 puts you so close to dining rooms & the theater & other nightly entertainment venues. It's my favorite deck on this style of ship, with deck 7 or 8 being my 2nd favorite.

I had a balcony on the Lido a few weeks back on the Destiny and I loved it. Very convenient in the morning to go get coffee if I was up before room service came. As far as noise, even on the balcony I didn't hear anything. I would definately get a room on the Lido deck again if I can.

I had a lido deck cabin on the Glory and loved it. We'd been booked in a balcony on a lower level, but when a lido balcony showed up just weeks before we sailed I grabbed it. It was the only one available and was only 5 cabins from entrance so I was worried about noise but we heard nothing. very little traffic,etc. It was great to grab lunch and take it back to our balcony if the tables in the buffet were crowded. Also nice if we wanted a soda, magazine, etc. from our room when sunbathing on lido. Have been on ships without cabins on lido last few cruises, but if we choose a ship that has them next year, I'll definitely try to get one!!

Absolutely LOVED our interior on the Lido....it wasn't noisy at all, and very few people, and the closeness to the Lido, made it great, because we were right there to go eat, lay by the pool, and close enough to go to our own cabin for the restroom, to get a water, or soda, or anything else, that we were sure to forget when we left the room....we picked an "L"shape room for our next one on the 7th all the way aft, and we will see how we like it, but I told hubby, I think I am goingto miss being so close to our cabin!!!!!

Absolutely LOVED our interior on the Lido....it wasn't noisy at all, and very few people, and the closeness to the Lido, made it great, because we were right there to go eat, lay by the pool, and close enough to go to our own cabin for the restroom, to get a water, or soda, or anything else, that we were sure to forget when we left the room....we picked an "L"shape room for our next one on the 7th all the way aft, and we will see how we like it, but I told hubby, I think I am goingto miss being so close to our cabin!!!!!

LOL we are opposite you, we have always had aft cabins including the "L"a couple times, LOVED those cabins. This upcoming cruise, inorder to do a b2b we are inside on lido deck, but we have a window at the very front of the ship over looking the walkway. It wil be a very different change!! If you look in my link there are pics of the "L" cabins.

I am looking for pictures of these cabins 4j if anyone has any :p

Lido for sure, we are not show people but pool people so it is great to be steps away from your room. No noise at all, we are in a balcony on the Lido for our cruise on Breeze in Jan, can't wait :D

We are considering changing from our 7th deck interior cabin to a Lido Deck interior cabin on the Carnival Breeze. It's $140 more, but we're attracted to the proximity of the pool and Marketplace.

The specific cabins are interior 10280-10289. These are located between the pool section and the Atrium. Any experience on just how noisy these cabins will really be?

Thanks!

We cruised Dream just a month ago. We were on the Lido Deck, five cabins away from the pool. We heard no noise whatsoever, even from our balcony. We LOVE being on the Lido and close to the pool and buffet. Sitting by the pool and forgot something? A quick walk to the cabin. We have had Lido Deck balconies on most of our cruises and will continue to do so.

If I were you, I would absolutely stay in the deck 7 interior. Deck 7 is right between everything, very centrally located. Lido deck is close to the pools/slides/buffet, but you are also putting yourself far away from the dining rooms/theater/nighttime entertainment venues. Of course, if you don't plan on going to any shows or other entertainment or the dining rooms, I would certainly say to move up to the lido deck. I like doing everything, but I do like the sun and the waterslides a little more. Even so, if I'm going to be close to one and far away from the other, I would prefer being down on deck 2, very close to the other things, as opposed to being up closer to the sun & slides. The convenience to the dining rooms & night-time entertainment is a bigger deal to me than convenience to the pools/waterslides/buffet.

So for the previous poster, if you're anything like me, you would absolutely prefer your deck 2 cove far more than a deck 10 balcony. The coves are close to the water, slightly larger, and the deck 10 balcony will look down onto the lanai, which takes away from the feeling a cruise balcony is supposed to give you. Deck 2 is so perfect for getting on & off the ship in port, and during debarkation (elevators are a pain in the butt during debarkation). Deck 2 puts you so close to dining rooms & the theater & other nightly entertainment venues. It's my favorite deck on this style of ship, with deck 7 or 8 being my 2nd favorite.

The OP has to consider if he/she will spend more time on the Lido Deck or at the MDR or entertainment venues. This should be a big determination. For us, based on number of daylight hours, the Lido Deck is where we spend most of our time so a cabin on the Lido Deck is best for us.

As for Cove cabins, granted there is a great view of the ocean, but the view above is blocked by the lifeboats. And if there is serious weather brewing, the Cove storm doors might be locked, essentially making the balcony useless. On our Lido Deck balcony, I was surprised at how little the Lanai disturbed our enjoyment of the ocean. It was really unnoticeable.

It's a good thing there are so many cabin choices for so many people.

LOVE Lido deck balcony rooms! We have one booked in a couple of months on the Magic fairly far forward to avoid pool noise and hallway traffic and stayed in a similar one on a past cruise. Just love being able to get breakfast and eat it on the balcony, run to the room from the pool, and l actually like all the walking, especially with all of the food ;-)

Mindy

Thank you everyone! We upgraded this afternoon. We're now in cabin 10288 on the Breeze, which is the closest stateroom to the pool. Hopefully the noise isn't too bad, but even if we need earplugs, I think the location will be well worth it! (This is the second leg of a B2B for us--the first leg was on an Ocean View Deck 1. I'm excited to try something different!) Thanks!

I am booked with a lido balcony on the Liberty in September. First time in a lido balcony. Really looking forward to walking a handful of steps for a bloody mary and Blue Iguana breakfast burrito to start my days off right!

Thank you everyone! We upgraded this afternoon. We're now in cabin 10288 on the Breeze, which is the closest stateroom to the pool. Hopefully the noise isn't too bad, but even if we need earplugs, I think the location will be well worth it! (This is the second leg of a B2B for us--the first leg was on an Ocean View Deck 1. I'm excited to try something different!) Thanks!

Please let us no the noise level because we want to book one of those 6 cabins but we are leary of the noise. Thanks and enjoy!!!

Thanks!

I say GO for it.

We had a cabin on the lido deck once and it was right near the pool. No problems other than I didn't get the same amount of stair-climbing exercise that I usually depend on getting. :)

For our first cruise which is coming up June 24th on the Conquest, we booked an inside cabin on the Lido deck. I like the idea of being able to get to the room and refill my drink and heading back to the sunshine!

We just had our first Lido cabin and we easily think we gained an extra hour of vacation time on our 4 day not by having to wait for elevators or use stairs.

We liked it so much we booked another Lido cabin last night!

We stayed on Lido when we were on the Dream and it was, in my opinion, the best location ever. The doors really blocked out any outside noise. We never heard anything on our balcony either although we were as far forward as you can get.

Archived