Lido Deck Cabin, Pros and Cons?

jarand

We had a Lido balcony on Splendor and loved it more than any other room that we've had (interior, extended balcony, L-shaped). We have another Lido balcony on our upcoming Breeze cruise and that fact alone amps our excitement!!

I had a cabin on the Lido deck on the Magic in January. It was wonderful. I loved the location. The area by the cabins is very quiet because there aren't many cabins and most people go out to the pool and never walk down the hall where the cabins are located.

• 6 months later...

We stayed on Lido in January on Conquest. For us, it was AWESOME. It was close to everything, if we were hanging out on the deck we could easily walk to our room, we could run out and have pizza in the middle of the night without having to go very far, breakfast at the buffet in the mornings (sometimes lunch on "those" days....) was only a few steps away, etc (we were in 9282 and our friends I believe were in 9284). Being that close proximity to everything was really our main reason for having this deck. It never really got noisy at all, but I do say that about all the rooms we've stayed in. Maybe I'm just really easy going but a few random noises in the hall have never bothered me and never will. The noise outside our room on Lido was no more and no less than any other we've stayed in. If you have the option to be on Lido, by all means take it because the convenience is worth it.

Please let us no the noise level because we want to book one of those 6 cabins but we are leary of the noise. Thanks and enjoy!!!

Thats where the main traffic leads to lido from the forward elevators.

Close enough to hear whats going on at any given time ;)

Your gonna hear things, thats for sure :D There's an Internet Hub in that section as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked Lido on the Breeze (10267). Anyone have any insights to the location. I have heard so many great things about the Lido. We love the location to the pools, food and how quick we could get back to the cabin. Just wondering about elevators/noise and laundry area and noise?

thanks

We love Lido, and almost always book there. We had 10270 on the Breeze for 27 days B2B Med and Transatlantic, a balcony just forward of the cabins you are talking about. They only issue we had was people gathering in the hallway at the laundry room across from 10256. That's pretty far from the cabins you are talking about so I don't think that will bother you.

You could have some noise from the doors near you leading out onto the pool deck. Those stay closed, but are big, heavy doors that close very slowly but then suddenly "slam" shut at the end as they finally close. Because they close so slowly people tend to let them shut automatically and do not stay there to catch them before they slam. They are only used by the people at your end of the hallway (even where we were it was convenient to use the pathway off the elevator lobby to the pool deck rather than those end-of-the-hallway doors) so it might not be too bad, but they are most often used early in the morning as people go to breakfast, so could be an annoyance.

Please let us no the noise level because we want to book one of those 6 cabins but we are leary of the noise. Thanks and enjoy!!!

Others have already stated no noise:) Unless someone has a cabin there, most cruisers don't go down those halls, they are more intent on getting an elevator to go down to their intended floor.

We had a lido cabin on the conquest and it was perfect. No noise, perfect location. We are booked in a cove on the magic but im seriously considering moving to a balcony on the lido. Id do it in a heartbeat for $140, ours is a little more unfortunately.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear. We are booked in an inside on Lido on Conquest in April. I am super excited. I usually like an OV or balcony, but I want to try the lido cabin, so I am sticking with my inside.

Sister and I had cabin 10280 on Breeze last month. I could not tell from the online deck plans beforehand if that hallway was open at the end nearest to go out to the pool. Well, there is an unmarked door there that unless someone is just nosing around, they would not know it led to the cabins in that area.

We found it to be very quiet. The only noise we heard the entire cruise was a couple of times our neighbors talked a little loud as they were coming or going. Of course we were out most of the time so that didn't bother us. The only other noise we heard was for about 30 minutes--- 10:30 p.m--11:00 p.m. approximately--on the 2 nights when there were late deck parties. And that wasn't bad. Just heard the bass a little bit on the music. Didn't hear people partying at all. This was also very handy to go out and watch movies on the Seaside Theater screen.

We loved this location---close to the atrium elevators and the door going out to get early morning coffee and walk around the open decks to watch the sun rise. Book this area again? In a heartbeat!!!! I think the only thing better would be if we had a Lido balcony instead of our Lido interior.

Room 10280 is actually a handicap room with a large lip-less bathroom and wider overall than regular rooms. Sister and I both have difficulty with steps due to different medical conditions so this made it feel much more safe for us. Our PVP actually suggested this one for us, and it worked out perfectly. :)

We had got upgraded to Lido on the dream and the only problem i had was i put on more weight bc i was closer to the food and i had no steps to go up and down....I had my midnight snack of pizza every night

Sister and I had cabin 10280 on Breeze last month. I could not tell from the online deck plans beforehand if that hallway was open at the end nearest to go out to the pool. Well, there is an unmarked door there that unless someone is just nosing around, they would not know it led to the cabins in that area.

We found it to be very quiet. The only noise we heard the entire cruise was a couple of times our neighbors talked a little loud as they were coming or going. Of course we were out most of the time so that didn't bother us. The only other noise we heard was for about 30 minutes--- 10:30 p.m--11:00 p.m. approximately--on the 2 nights when there were late deck parties. And that wasn't bad. Just heard the bass a little bit on the music. Didn't hear people partying at all. This was also very handy to go out and watch movies on the Seaside Theater screen.

We loved this location---close to the atrium elevators and the door going out to get early morning coffee and walk around the open decks to watch the sun rise. Book this area again? In a heartbeat!!!! I think the only thing better would be if we had a Lido balcony instead of our Lido interior.

Room 10280 is actually a handicap room with a large lip-less bathroom and wider overall than regular rooms. Sister and I both have difficulty with steps due to different medical conditions so this made it feel much more safe for us. Our PVP actually suggested this one for us, and it worked out perfectly. :)

Thanks for the information. We will be in cabin 10281 in 4 weeks. I can't wait!

We always coose to upgrade ourselves to Lido, now were a family of 4. We choose interior cabins and we like the room right under the stairs. Never hear a dang thing. We have cruised Breeze and on Liberty. We like the ability to walk right out on the lido.

april

• 2 weeks later...
In in cabin 10288 in 3 weeks! So happy to here of the private unmarked door! Can't wait to be on the breeze!

Getting closer!!! My wife and I are booked in 10288 for Nov. 23, 2013. Please take care of the room, LOL. Let me know how it is noise and location wise. Thanks Eric

Archived