Online Check In (and NCL's Check In in general)

Avril

This is going to sound like a really stupid question coming from an experianced cruiser :o but it's my 1st cruise with NCL so bear with me. I'm just wondering about the online check in (on MyNCL). I was filling it out for my cruise in December on the Epic and I couldn't find anywhere to put in my (or rather my Mom's, who'll be paying it) credit card number for our onboard account. Am I missing something or does she have to have her own account and fill that in herself? I just like to make sure that we have as much done as possible before we get to the terminnal to check in (so we can get onboard ASAP)!! :D Is there anything else we should know about NCL's check in that different from other cruise lines? Do they have the kiosks in the terminnal (Port of Miami) like Carnival does? Any check in info (along with the credit card question) would be great!!

Also, what is the earlyist we can get onboard? We haven't gotten our "Welcome Aboard" kit or our cruise docs yet so don't really know how things work!!!! I'm just trying to figure out when we should get to the port in the morning, we love to get there as early as possible anbd spend as much of Day 1 onboard as we can!!!! :D

Thanks!!!! :D

NCL doesn't have you pre-enter the credit card information prior to boarding. You present your card (or cash) at checkin time at the pier. If you pre-order excursions or dining, you will be asked at the time of purchase to pay for it. Boarding times vary, but people start arriving by 9:30 or 10 and usually boarding begins by 11:30 or so. It depends on how fast they get the previous passengers off the ship. NCL doesn't have kiosks as far as I know. You arrive and step in to one of several lines and work your way to a person who will check you in. At that time, you decide which credit card covers which guests, etc.

Glad you are trying NCL...hope you wll like it!

You don't enter your CC number during the online check in. You will have to give them your Mom's credit card during the check in at the port. During the online check in you should have to fill our information for all passengers in the cabin so if she isn't showing up and they aren't asking for her Passport Number, emergency contact, etc, then you probably should give them a call.

I haven't sailed out of Miami since 2005 so can't say how it is handled there, but for our last four sailings, no kiosks, rather real people behind counters. You typically are given the health form to fill out saying you haven't coughed or been sick in the last few days while waiting in line to get to the counter. You get to the counter where Suzie Tidbits (seriously, that was our last checkin person's name:eek:) will take your online check in documents - be sure to print out the one that you are told to print out while checking in, she (or he) will check your passport, swipe your credit card, take your picture and hand you your key card and off you will go to the land of chairs to wait to board.

Again, can't say about Miami but we typically try to get to the Port around 10:45 and are usually on board well before noon. Typically the rooms get ready by 1:30 or 2 but NCL typcially has a room open where you can leave your carryon if you want to. I highly recommend having lunch in the MDR. It is so much more relaxing than the buffet where everyone is so excited, looking around, and havent' figured out where things are yet.

Have a great cruise...holler if you have any other questions.

Stop telling every one about MDR for lunch upon boarding! Just kidding. We get a real hoot out of the NCL greeters standing at the MDR entrance ushering everyone to the buffet for lunch. I'll bet that not 1 in 20 goes on into the MDR, afraid to disappoint the NCL host!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You will get your a package of documents in the mail about 45-60 days before sailing. It will have a bundle of info in it, as well as luggage tags.

They are the peel-and-stick tags, all pre-printed with your name, ship, deck, and cabin number on them and ready to go. Every passenger in your party will get two tags with their name on it, plus there is some extra blank ones if you need them. They are quite durable too. They feel sort-of kind-of like a cheap version of those new polymer bills the Mint is churning out nowadays.

EDIT. Whoops. Post is not Preview.

Anyways, I wish I could provide more info. I spent 6 months prior to my cruise in a daze. I can barely remember the wait, it's all a hazy mist now. I was soooo excited that I don't know how I managed my day-to-day life.

Stop telling every one about MDR for lunch upon boarding! Just kidding. We get a real hoot out of the NCL greeters standing at the MDR entrance ushering everyone to the buffet for lunch. I'll bet that not 1 in 20 goes on into the MDR, afraid to disappoint the NCL host!

Ah, this is new news. So, they DO try to route everyone to the buffet instead of simply letting us into the MDR accosted? Now that I know (from this thread), we will make certain that we ask to be seated. I assume we would even want to request a window seat as well so that we can watch the rest of the guest in the boarding process (always like people watching).

Ah, this is new news. So, they DO try to route everyone to the buffet instead of simply letting us into the MDR accosted? Now that I know (from this thread), we will make certain that we ask to be seated. I assume we would even want to request a window seat as well so that we can watch the rest of the guest in the boarding process (always like people watching).

Bet you have sat next to DH & me on the promenade during last 1/2 hour before leaving port of call watching the "why do we have to be back a whole 1/2 hour before we leave port, they won't leave without US " people. Love to watch them run!

"You will get your a package of documents in the mail about 45-60 days before sailing. It will have a bundle of info in it, as well as luggage tags.

"

I have not received any documents and I sail in 26 days. This is my first cruise and I did not book directly. Will this make a difference? Shoud I inquire as to the status of the documents?

Any assists will be greatly appreciated:)

"You will get your a package of documents in the mail about 45-60 days before sailing. It will have a bundle of info in it, as well as luggage tags.

"

I have not received any documents and I sail in 26 days. This is my first cruise and I did not book directly. Will this make a difference? Shoud I inquire as to the status of the documents?

Any assists will be greatly appreciated:)

Can't hurt to call your TA and ask. I've always gotten one, not sure how far out, however greater than a month. I believe they are sent to the TA first then the TA sends to the customer.

Can't hurt to call your TA and ask. I've always gotten one, not sure how far out, however greater than a month. I believe they are sent to the TA first then the TA sends to the customer.

I think it depends on the TA. Our last cruise we booked through a TA and got them straight from NCL. I've heard others say they get them from their TA.

Archived