Two cruise lines leaving from sydney on the same day

Rhapsody departs at 6 pm and Pacific Jewel departs at 4pm on the same day - i am curious who gets to depart from sydney OPT circular quay? And why?

Thanks

Rhapsody will always sail from OPT Circular Quay as it is too big to sail under the bridge, this goes for all Royal Caribbean ships sailing out of Sydney. Enjoy your cruise. Robin:)

Rhapsody will always sail from OPT Circular Quay as it is too big to sail under the bridge, this goes for all Royal Caribbean ships sailing out of Sydney. Enjoy your cruise. Robin:)

G'day Robin, nice to hear from you again. Must be time for another cruise soon.

Agree with Robin. Jewel will sail from Darling Harbour. She was there today.

Rhapsody departs at 6 pm and Pacific Jewel departs at 4pm on the same day - i am curious who gets to depart from sydney OPT circular quay? And why?Thanks

If you check out Ports of Sydney Cruise Schedule..

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

.. you can find out which ship leaves from which wharf.

Its also interesting to check out , every now and again , to see how far ahead the cruise lines have to book their ships in.

Its also interesting to check out , every now and again , to see how far ahead the cruise lines have to book their ships in.

Interesting to note that White Bay terminals 4 and 5 will be used from 1 Mar 2013 instead of Barrangaroo Wharf 5. That will add transport times from Airport and city.

Thanks David

Where is White Bay????

Aleisha

Thanks David

Where is White Bay????

Aleisha

It is over the Anzac Bridge and near the old White Bay Power Station if you want to do a Google map search. Seems like it's just across the bay from Barrangaroo wharf 5 from this map but it's a longer and much more roundabout route from the CBD.

470cruiseterminal,0.jpg

The map and its headline are taken from a report about a resident's action group opposed to the development at White Bay. Circa 2009 but not much has changed. White Bay is down on the cruise ships in port schedule from March 2013.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cruise-terminals-move-to-white-bay-a-nightmare-for-residents/2009/01/28/1232818532082.html

Colleen

Thanks David

Where is White Bay????

Aleisha

It is directly opposite and on the other side of the Bay from Wharf 5/8. Go to Google Maps and search for, say, White Bay PArk, NSW. The new terminal is on Robert St. A long swim to the City.:eek:

A couple of links below as to the project

http://www.jpw.com.au/Projects/Commercial/WBCPT/WBCPT.shtml

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cruise-ship-terminal-to-go-ahead-20111017-1ltg3.html

Thanks thats a lame position .... Circular quay is a much better location. Do you know does rhapsody usually dock with the bow or stern in?

Our cabins are starboard side deck 8 so am hoping it docks bow (nose) in and then reverses out so we are on the city side when on the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks thats a lame position .... Circular quay is a much better location. Do you know does rhapsody usually dock with the bow or stern in?

Our cabins are starboard side deck 8 so am hoping it docks bow (nose) in and then reverses out so we are on the city side when on the balcony.

An interesting question - worth starting a new thread on bow in or bow out for ships berthing at the OPT.

Colleen

I believe the bow is in (facing circular quay) when the Rhapsody docks in Sydney.

I believe the bow is in (facing circular quay) when the Rhapsody docks in Sydney.

I am happy about that .... Thanks

Mind you we will probably wander on higher decks to take photos and experience the harbour and sail away into the ocean..... First timers lol

G'day Robin, nice to hear from you again. Must be time for another cruise soon.

Agree with Robin. Jewel will sail from Darling Harbour. She was there today.

Hi Hugh, How are you and Chris going, cruise seems like a million years ago already, we are booked on the Voyager 24th November,looking forward to checking her out, but that seems such a long way away still,always on the lookout for another cruise,, notice you and Chris have some great cruises coming up I'm sure you will enjoy them. Robin:)

Interesting to note that White Bay terminals 4 and 5 will be used from 1 Mar 2013 instead of Barrangaroo Wharf 5. That will add transport times from Airport and city.

I think it will become known as " White Elephant Bay "

I am happy about that .... Thanks

Mind you we will probably wander on higher decks to take photos and experience the harbour and sail away into the ocean..... First timers lol

See if you can get out on the helipad - right at the Bow and a very good view! From memory, deck 5 forward, up some stairs through a doorway and your there. It's open to the public, even has chairs etc out there.

Hi Hugh, How are you and Chris going, cruise seems like a million years ago already, we are booked on the Voyager 24th November,looking forward to checking her out, but that seems such a long way away still,always on the lookout for another cruise,, notice you and Chris have some great cruises coming up I'm sure you will enjoy them. Robin:)

All well at the home front - Chris got Asthma during the latter part of the cruise but all better now. Thinking of sailing on Voyager from Singapore to Syd or Perth in Oct 2013 after doing a land tour of Malaysia. Have a good cruise in Nov.

Cheers, Hugh

Archived