Coral Breeze Tours...

KLTOUR

Has anyone used Coral Breeze Tours in Belize??? Thinking of the either the Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling & Caye Caulker or Manatee Watch...

We have used Coral Breeze Tours for years & go with them probably twice a year & were with them on 5/02 of this year & had about 16 snorkelers on their Great White 49' boat & had a ball with Heni & her crew. The snorkeling was great, the rays & nurse shark were there to be played with & the local lunch on caye Caulker, their stewed chicken with red beans & rice & salw was outstanding.

Had this been a cruise ship tour, there would have been 50 snorkelers on that same boat !

I'd do the snorkeling trip over Manatee watching anytime, as looking to find & watch Manatees is sort of like watching paint dry - IMHO.

look up the Coral Breeze Tours site for all of their info.

Enjoy belize.

Bill in FL

And for those who have done the snorkeling, the ruins, the cave-tubing, Coral Breeze offers an interesting Taste of Belize tour that takes you through Belize City, it's central market, a tortilla shop, a seafood restaurant and a tour of One Barrel Rum's distillery among other sites. :)

We have used Coral Breeze Tours for years & go with them probably twice a year & were with them on 5/02 of this year & had about 16 snorkelers on their Great White 49' boat & had a ball with Heni & her crew. The snorkeling was great, the rays & nurse shark were there to be played with & the local lunch on caye Caulker, their stewed chicken with red beans & rice & salw was outstanding.

Had this been a cruise ship tour, there would have been 50 snorkelers on that same boat !

I'd do the snorkeling trip over Manatee watching anytime, as looking to find & watch Manatees is sort of like watching paint dry - IMHO.

look up the Coral Breeze Tours site for all of their info.

Enjoy belize.

Bill in FL

Thank you for you insight...I think we will are leaning towards the snorkeling tour!!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked with Coral Breeze last May and will definitely book with them next time we are in Belize. The snorkeling was the best of any excursion we have been on. The only part we did not like was going over to Caye Caulker for lunch. We decided to wait till we got back to the ship to eat. We were glad we didn't spend the extra money but while some of the others were eating, we were very bored. We walked around for a few minutes but spent most of the hour and a half waiting to get back on the boat. They wouldn't let us on till it was time to leave so we had to sit on the ground till it was time to leave. I wish they would offer that excursion without the lunch but I am sure they are trying to help the locals there. We would still go on that excursion again. We had heard it was better than sting ray city. Of our 10 cruises, the snorkeling with Coral Breeze was the best of any cruise. There were 8 of us and we were able to get a discount. If there is anyone in your group that does not snorkel, they should stay on the boat instead of staying at Caye Caulker. That is what I did. One lady got off while her husband went in the boat to go snorkel. She was not happy when we got back because there was nothing for her to do. I had fun watching the others snorkel and watching the sharks and sting rays. I booked online with them a few months before our last cruise. We used them one other time for a beach break/ manatee watch and did not see any manatees that day. I booked that excursion online on the ship but I had communicated with them about price before we went. I had a big group go that year and didn't know how many wanted to do that excursion till we were on board. Hope you choose to snorkel with them.

Last Oct, was booked with Coral Breeze Caye Caulker & Shark Ray. Due to Hurricane Rina, out of their control, we were unable to go to Shark Ray or Caye Caulker. Coral Breeze tours did an excellent job of coming with alternatives and decided to take us all to a nearby reef and then Bannister Island. They did give us a part refund due to the higher cost of Shark Ray.

Bannister Island is beautiful and the snorkeling excellent. Being an experienced snorkeler then only thing I hated were the floatation devices they made us wear. The vests were the foam type with no air inside. These made it almost impossible to snorkel down to the coral. I am used to the vests you can take the air out which gives me option to go to the bottom of the ocean.

Would not have any problems using them again but will take my own snorkel vest next time.

Last Oct, was booked with Coral Breeze Caye Caulker & Shark Ray. Due to Hurricane Rina, out of their control, we were unable to go to Shark Ray or Caye Caulker. Coral Breeze tours did an excellent job of coming with alternatives and decided to take us all to a nearby reef and then Bannister Island. They did give us a part refund due to the higher cost of Shark Ray.

Bannister Island is beautiful and the snorkeling excellent. Being an experienced snorkeler then only thing I hated were the floatation devices they made us wear. The vests were the foam type with no air inside. These made it almost impossible to snorkel down to the coral. I am used to the vests you can take the air out which gives me option to go to the bottom of the ocean.

Would not have any problems using them again but will take my own snorkel vest next time.

Never leave home without it.:p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived